• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Out of curiosity, how many discs do you bag?

scarpfish

Resident Grouch
Gold level trusted reviewer
Just to see how many of us would be over/under the limit in an alternate reality where there was a disc limit.

Figure your primary disc carrier only and the maximum amount you regularly put in it. Also state in the comments how regularly play competitive events and at what level (leagues/minis, unsanctioned tournaments, PDGA B/C, PDGA A/NT/M,etc.) you play at.

It depends on course I'm playing and who I'm playing with.
With noobs - usually 1 disc
Playing with my interested-but-not-hardcore friends - 6
Hardcore fiends, by myself, or Tournaments -20ish, give or take

Tournaments are getting much more rare for me. When I was doing more tournaments they were C tiers.

I always carry 21 discs whether it's a casual or competitive round (the only exception is during glow leagues when I bag 6-7). I do switch discs in and out depending on the course, but always have 21 in the bag. I throw with guys who carry different numbers of discs quite often, and almost every time at some point during a round they have to stop and think about whether they left a disc on the course somewhere.

Just to see how many of us would be over/under the limit in an alternate reality where there was a disc limit.

Figure your primary disc carrier only and the maximum amount you regularly put in it. Also state in the comments how regularly play competitive events and at what level (leagues/minis, unsanctioned tournaments, PDGA B/C, PDGA A/NT/M,etc.) you play at.

In my shift - 17, could do with 15 pretty easily though.

When I get my rebel/cart setup - probably 22-25.

Ive been carrying 15 lately. 3 of each type. 1 for each line, us, straight, and os.

-3 putters
-3 mids
-3 fds
-3 dds
-3 utility

The three utility discs change for what course im playing and usually i have a single additional putter as my main putter. This is my usuall bag setup for both field practice and full rounds.

I don't change my line-up between courses so right now my main bag is 17. For tournaments, I will add 3-4 backups for my main disc.

Usually 14. 1 or 2 tourneys per year right meow. Not much on local leagues or tourneys due to being a dad.

At the moment, my bag includes 2 Wizards, 2 Pigs, 2 Rocs, 2 Terns, 2 SLs, 1 Thunderbird, 1 Teebird, 1 Mamba, 1 Escape and a partridge in a pear tree.

Last edited:
I have three bags ready to go, one has 12 discs, one has 18 and the other main bag has 23 discs right now.
Most times I use either the smaller bag or main bag.

I like having all the choices, I'd carry more in my main bag but peer pressure makes me feel silly doing that... ;)

Around 14

- 3 putters
- 3 mids
- 2 fairway
- 3 distance
- 3 utilities

Around 25. Mostly so I can be cycling multiple discs at the same time. If I stripped all the dupes I could get down to 16-18 but I much prefer carrying 25

discs that have dupes
2 blend putters
2 glo flx buzzz
2 CPD
2 SDDx
2 G* PD2

I almost always carry 13 - 5 drivers, 2 fairway, 4 mids, 2 putters. I have several more in my trunk that I may add or swap out for specific situations (high wind, lots of water, drawing the cali card in doubles). I leave some of the higher speed stuff behind if I'm playing a shorter course that doesn't need them.

During the season I play doubles on Monday and 2-3 tournaments (anything from local course challenges to a-tiers) a month.

I carry around 20 discs, but only 8 molds.

During the summer I will go to league once or twice a week. I will play in 3 to 6 tournaments a year.

I generally carry exactly 20. I have a Ranger bag so I keep 9 on either side of the divider and 2 putters in the putter pocket. I only play casual. I keep the exact same number and they all have assigned spots in the bag so I never have to wonder or try to figure out if I left one behind. I only use about 6 for glow but still keep the same number so I can find the discs with lights on them in the dark just by counting from one side or the other to the spot where the disc I want lives.

Latest posts