• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

She should play more rounds with Luke Humphries's dog running around at her feet as she throws.

I don't believe most of the pro's have trouble tuning out movement/noise, it's the abrupt change in noise level or movement that would startle pretty much anyone.

There's no way to know how that shot goes sans baby, but it's really hard to argue with this.

so is this thread just going to turn into a huge PP apologist thing? You all are seriously blaming a baby for messing up her shot? How about throw a better approach on 17 and not hit first available? Where was the baby on that shot that she duffed? Maybe try to not go bogey/double bogey when your opponent goes par/par to finish out a championship.

The biggest external factor was that Cat was about to push her to a playoff and she obviously didn't handle it very well.

100%. She flubbed that shot because of all the OB long behind the basket. Didn't want to go long OB, so tried to play it short, didn't commit, left it short left,, which is what happens to every shot you don't fully commit too.

so is this thread just going to turn into a huge PP apologist thing? You all are seriously blaming a baby for messing up her shot? How about throw a better approach on 17 and not hit first available? Where was the baby on that shot that she duffed? Maybe try to not go bogey/double bogey when your opponent goes par/par to finish out a championship.

The biggest external factor was that Cat was about to push her to a playoff and she obviously didn't handle it very well.

100%. She flubbed that shot because of all the OB long behind the basket. Didn't want to go long OB, so tried to play it short, didn't commit, left it short left,, which is what happens to every shot you don't fully commit too.

This. While James' shot overshadows just about everything from this past week, Cat's turnover shot to the green was incredibly clutch and rattled Paige just enough.
It's really hard to know since it's never A+B=C, there are a combination of factors going on. Something that has been glossed over is that Pierce flubbed hole 18 all three rounds; she double bogeyed it every time. So she's on a hole that's already bit her twice, her opponent goes for the green and makes it, you have the pressure of the moment and World's being on the line, you have the gallery, you have cameras...there is a bunch going on there.

Also there is the play as Nick Pacific mentioned; she's in safe mode trying to play conservative and hold onto the lead. That's not really her personality so far as I can tell, she's more of an attack mode player. The idea that she wasn't really committed to the shot is a real possibility.

Trying to take all that stuff, run the math and go "it was the baby" is impossible. The baby is maybe a factor, maybe not. The baby wasn't there when she took a 6 on that hole twice before. In the end we will never know.

Allen really isn't getting credit for putting the heat on Pierce there, but to me that's the key. Big shot right there. I'm just going to give her credit for winning and not worry about what to blame for Pierce losing.

Pierce will be back. The great ones always bounce back.

Paul have been 1st or 2nd for nine worlds In a row…..so if you beat Paul you became World champion
You can damn near say the same thing for Pierce:
2011: 1st
2012: 7th
2013: 1st
2014: 2nd
2015: 1st
2016: 3rd
2017: 1st
2018: 2nd
2019: 1st
2021: 2nd

she was 33rd in C1X putting (65%) 45th in OBs (13) and 19th in scrambling (30%) but if ya'll want to blame a baby you can.

This is very much the equivalent of blaming a kicker for missing a Game winning field goal when your defense gave up 41 points or your offense punted 8 times.

On her Instagram story, it said lots of tissues for the final day of filming.....

Maybe this documentary was going to be her "Last Dance" and ride off into the sunset as a 6 time world champion. Maybe the doc is her retirement announcement

.... maybe not she is signed up for a lot more touneys :p:p

Paige is going to be just fine. She has tremendous respect and support, both by her fan base as well as her pro disc golf competitors. Is she perfect? No, but who is? She has dedicated the majority of her life competing in and promoting the disc golf sport. Life has it's ups and downs, but trust me, Paige is going to come through this stronger than ever.

In all seriousness, kids running around and smearing jelly on your suit jacket is not cool, but if a kid is simply being "loud" as in you can hear them, just let it go. Kids are way cooler than adults, I feel sad for people annoyed by their presence.

Kids are annoying little ****s. Their screams are like natural birth control.

Can't tell you how many times I've been on a course and heard someone's spawn screaming like their being quartered or something. However, it's way worse at stores, and so much worse with an echo.

I don't blame the children though. It's their parents who allow, and sometimes antagonize, that type of behavior.

We'll see if Paige is fine mentally with how she preforms over the rest of the year.

Can't tell you how many times I've been on a course and heard some ADULT screaming like their being quartered or something JUST BECAUSE THEY HIT A TREE with a piece of plastic.
FIFY

All this hate on babies from folks who apparently have forgotten that they were babies once themselves...And where on earth are you all playing? I don't recall ever hearing a baby screaming at a course, but I have only played less than a 1000 rounds in my life. Maybe this is a big problem local community park boards need to have special meetings about.

I don't get why some people enjoy hating on someone so much. This thread was dead when Paige was winning. She loses Worlds by one stroke and the hate party breaks out. Pretty sad.
Well she DID lose in a particularly noteworthy way. Basically giving up 12 strokes total in the last 5, 5, and 2 holes of the last three rounds. That's LOUD. Even if it isn't the start of a new chokes-at-the-end trend for her, it was a hell of a way to go down.

There have been numerous posts about the baby noise during Paige's upshot, did she actually come out and say that it affected her throw? :confused:

There have been numerous posts about the baby noise during Paige's upshot, did she actually come out and say that it affected her throw? :confused:
I haven't seen anything from her about it; they made a humongous deal about it on the live broadcast, so people have been talking about it since it happened. Hannah McBeth made it sound like that was what happened, but Pierce didn't really do anything with her body language that even really acknowledged it happened at the time. So no, I don't think she has said anything about the baby.

Latest posts