• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Asks Golfers to not play courses...

Took me a moment to figure out IC = idiot chucker.

Yesterday was a nice weather day and the course was packed. I played solo, and picked up anything I deemed a out I expect to make, and wouldn't you know it: my putting improved!

Saw some groups of two, mostly young boyfriend/ girlfriend being ridiculously close, a few groups of 5+ IC's...being IC's, and a few well-distanced groups doing the right thing.

Hundreds if not thousands of times, never gave a single thought to not touching my face.

We're just very different people then. :)

I do wash my hands at an almost OCD level.

Ignore me and carry on. Avoid touching the baskets and putting, then subconscious touching of the face shouldn't be an issue.

Took me a moment to figure out IC = idiot chucker.

Yesterday was a nice weather day and the course was packed. I played solo, and picked up anything I deemed a out I expect to make, and wouldn't you know it: my putting improved!

Saw some groups of two, mostly young boyfriend/ girlfriend being ridiculously close, a few groups of 5+ IC's...being IC's, and a few well-distanced groups doing the right thing.

Local courses that don't want people playing should say so. The IC crowd isn't going to see the PDGA message let alone follow anything they say. These are the same idiots that litter.

We've been cleaning up after the idiots for years. The parks are already well aware of this.

One local disc golf page is having issues with a couple of it's members. A picture of a small group all leaning on the basket with comments about how they can do what they want. No matter how big the flame war gets they do not change their stance.

Local authorities are also on these pages, see this irresponsibility and could shut or pull the course.

The entitlement of some of these idiots has no ceiling.

Judging by our club's FB page, local IC's have taken this as an opportunity to get some rounds in together. In the past week alone:

- A selfie of a group huddled around a basket
- Calls for people to get together and throw
- Attempts to organize unofficial random draw doubles
- Players travelling from out of state to play local courses
- An ace picture with two players reaching into the basket simultaneously

Not counting the ongoing chucker apocalypse at almost every local course. All while Ohio is under a stay-at-home order. Courses are going to get pulled here, and when they do, it won't be a priority for the local parks departments to put them back.

One local disc golf page is having issues with a couple of it's members. A picture of a small group all leaning on the basket with comments about how they can do what they want. No matter how big the flame war gets they do not change their stance.

Local authorities are also on these pages, see this irresponsibility and could shut or pull the course.

The entitlement of some of these idiots has no ceiling.

I believe we're talking about the same page.

We're just very different people then. :)

I do wash my hands at an almost OCD level.

Ignore me and carry on. Avoid touching the baskets and putting, then subconscious touching of the face shouldn't be an issue.

Growing up on the farm didn't do much to make me a germaphobe. Presumably it did give me a strong immune system. I am also socially distant at the best of times. That does not mean I do not take the virus seriously though.

Only courses I am venturing to currently are one that is populated solely with cattle and one that literally no one but me has access to as we haven't opened it yet. Public courses can wait. Disc golf is not that important.

For those who are still playing, what are you doing if you find discs?

A comment earlier in this thread about feeling up plastic at the disc store, got me thinking about finding lost discs on the course. I found a Star Beast last week and called the number, but now I'm thinking of just leaving what I find. I'm not really worried about baskets, but discs get felt up pretty good during a throw.

A comment earlier in this thread about feeling up plastic at the disc store, got me thinking about finding lost discs on the course. I found a Star Beast last week and called the number, but now I'm thinking of just leaving what I find. I'm not really worried about baskets, but discs get felt up pretty good during a throw.

Flip it with a stick, call the number if there is one, tell them where it is. If the owner's still on the course or nearby, maybe he can get it.

Ventured down the street yesterday evening to play a solo round at my home course, which is on a university campus, where I'm also an employee. The campus has been nearly a ghost town this week.

Was not happy with what I saw. I witnessed a five-some and six-some, and as I was leaving, a SEVEN-some showed up to play. These aren't student groups, as nearly all of the university students have been sent home.

A friend posted a PSA warning on the local disc golf FB page; this type of social gathering could easily result in the university opting to pull the course (though they have other priorities, currently). His message included this: "Another thing to consider is that the course ... ties into a lot of other activity spaces. If the baskets get pulled, there's really no impetus for (the university to put them) back in, and the benefits of them being gone may be seen to outweigh their presence for the foreseeable future."

That would suck. :(

Yesterday, a guy in the threesome in front of me left his putter in the basket. When I approached the group to let him know, the guy seemed surprised I hadn't picked it up.

Really? Go get your own disc. And then ya'll can let me play through. :)

Same thing I always do...leave it alone.

Great rule of thumb right now. If it does not belong to you, don't touch it. I was walking the dog yesterday in the neighborhood. My neighbor from across the street wanders over to chit chat. Comes close and wants to pet the dog. Usual routine, enjoyed by both the dog and neighbor. I had to admonish him...he seemed taken aback. I had to shrug and apologize, but damn....THINK. It is a new world, it requires thought to be put into almost every rote action. Slow down and think.

Have you ever caught and cleaned bluegill all day then eaten a pile of fried chicken without washing your hands? I have. Have you ever crawled through a cave full of bat, rat, and racoon scat for hours while licking clean your muddy compass lens? I have.

Kinky

Same thing I always do...leave it alone.

Great rule of thumb right now. If it does not belong to you, don't touch it. I was walking the dog yesterday in the neighborhood. My neighbor from across the street wanders over to chit chat. Comes close and wants to pet the dog. Usual routine, enjoyed by both the dog and neighbor. I had to admonish him...he seemed taken aback. I had to shrug and apologize, but damn....THINK. It is a new world, it requires thought to be put into almost every rote action. Slow down and think.

Luckily my dog lives social distancing as a norm haha. He's not mean, but certainly unwelcoming to people in his bubble. He's a taco terrier mix with little person syndrome lol. All bark for sure, but nobody wants to come pet him.

I saw this on the course yesterday. Probably from the guy whose disc I found. :sick:

attachment.php

Attachments

• wash.jpg
    wash.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 206

Latest posts