• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Updates Branding

Not trying to be contrarian, but the new PDGA logo is growing on me. It looks much cleaner and less dated than the previous dude putting at basket logo.

To each their own.

To me it's change for the sake of change and they didn't have something good so they went with this.

Basically the old logo was dated as in it had been around and they felt it was time for a change. IMO, the new logo is mundane. Not that it will have any impact on me or those that already play DG nor will it have any impact on new players.

PDGA is something people discover after they are hooked on the game IMO.

To each their own.

To me it's change for the sake of change and they didn't have something good so they went with this.

Basically the old logo was dated as in it had been around and they felt it was time for a change. IMO, the new logo is mundane. Not that it will have any impact on me or those that already play DG nor will it have any impact on new players.

PDGA is something people discover after they are hooked on the game IMO.

Yeah, I read all the negative comments when this thread first came out. Now that I have actually seen it in use, it is growing on me. Shrug. I personally still think the PDGA sucks as an organization, but that is a different issue, lol.

Its innocuous enough. At this point, a month later, when I load up the PDGA website the logo is probably the last spot my eyes go to. So, kudos to them for not doing something obnoxious. Low bar, but there ya go.

What the new logo has going for it is that its "stampy". This allows them more opportunities to inject advertising in apparel, ads, and online. That being said, I still prefer the classic logo. I wouldn't be shocked if in a few years they come out with an accompanying graphic that includes a basket or figure throwing.

Latest posts