• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

Has anyone taken screen shots of these ridiculous win% numbers that UDisc came up with? The chart of how those change through the event would be interesting. Pretty sure Eagle started with an 80%+ and now down to >1%. Clemons and Gossage? UDisc would have been smarter to thin that 100% around to other players at the onset, unless it's only a guess by a guy behind a screen.

The 5% win probability for Gossage and Celmons is absurd. At this point it's a two round tournament on a course that is extremely favorable to them with what seems to be excellent weather conditions. I wish there where online betting available for disc golf, as I'd be all over those odds.

Paige has lost her game, did she puch to hard. .11 back with only 22 left to play. . not even a -18 last round will be enough if Henna and Kristin play just ok

The 5% win probability for Gossage and Celmons is absurd. At this point it's a two round tournament on a course that is extremely favorable to them with what seems to be excellent weather conditions. I wish there where online betting available for disc golf, as I'd be all over those odds.
Maybe the UDisc handicapper would give you those odds in an offline bet. ;)

$40 to spectate is crazy to me for DG right now. Hard pass. But to be fair I won't pay slightly more for the UT home game last night which was just a few miles away when I can watch in HD from my den or stream worlds while I'm playing my own round like I'm doing now.

Paige has lost her game, did she puch to hard. .11 back with only 22 left to play. . not even a -18 last round will be enough if Henna and Kristin play just ok

And it seems KT and HB are looking to create a bit of separation from the field. Both got out to a hot start. Definitely not out of reach for some players, but they appear to be opening a gap.

As far as the win percentages go, specifically Gossage's being lower than what people would expect…

I'm guessing somehow the stats are looking at his previous scores and round ratings, and comparing that to his overall rating to determine a probability of him maintaining those kind of scores for the last two rounds.

Essentially he's been playing beyond his rating and he's due for a round not as hot and fall off the pace, where McBeth's overall rating is showing a much better likelihood of keeping a hot hand, thus the higher winning percentage.

Down the road I'm sure they'll fine tune their methods to calculate these odds, maybe weighting the last couple weeks a bit heavier to account for those going into the event with some "momentum". Right now I'd expect it simply to be a probability of repeating previous scores and extrapolating that to a final overall winner, similar to the performance tracks Steve West posts.

Since I get free live coverage today, I am getting caught up with this thread.

McBeth looks like he has changed his driving form. He no longer is "patting" the disc with his off hand during his run-up. I don't think I've ever noticed him doing that. His form is looking more similar to Chris Dickerson now. Hard to question the 5x World Champion, as I expect him to take 1st or 2nd yet again, but odd timing to make such a change.

Post coverage reference a left arm/shoulder injury that forced him to make the change. They did not expound upon what the injury was or how he got it.

I feel like worlds keeps getting less and less prestigious in my mind and is getting closer and closer to being a different sport. In that 99% of us do not play courses like are being played for worlds. To me. DGPT and up tournaments are starting to become a different sport than the other 99% of tournaments in course style. (99% is a made up number, I'm just saying it's a high amount.) The fort last year was great, Vermont was great and super balanced. But Emporia shouldn't be used for what is our most prestigious title in the sport.

Pro worlds should just be renamed to.
The Professional Disc Golf Distance Driver World Championships.

I think there is a ton of truth here. In general, I would be happy to see continued drift between the AM and PRO sides of the game. I think both would benefit.

Looks like the last few holes broke Henna, hard to see . . . but the fact that she still has the 2nd hottest round after missing 7 C1 putts says alot

Man, Henna really gave KT a buffer she couldn't afford to on hole 17.

Will be fun to see if KT can hold on. A 5-stroke buffer isn't a gimme but she may not need to overstress herself to bag it. Henna will probably need her putt to come back to have a chance at this point if KT plays at her own average.

I feel kinda bad for PP being 13 strokes out of it. I didn't realize how much I wanted her dogfighting KT for the win after Champions Cup.

KTs scorecard is just so clean, only bogey free round in the field and her B9 really sticks out.

Someone played a helluva round, stayed clean, and gave herself bit of breathing room for the final round.

Catchable? Yes. But she should be able to play conservatively, which makes staying clean easier. Closest competitors have to play aggressive golf if they hope to catch up, which is risky with all that OB.

Last edited:
Cool that DD is letting this make-a-wish girl play on the same card as elite players like Tattar and Salonen and King. Total bucket-list experience.

Gotta like Colten's chances of moving up the board now that he can get the highest paid caddy in the game on his bag the last two rounds.

I suspect a certain 4x world champion and PDGA board member still has a few cards up her sleeve.

Shallows' posts became so much more fun to read once I realized that he's literally just a straight troll account. I do get a laugh out of these. :thmbup:

Latest posts