• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pennsylvania DG Tour 2012

I would do it this way if it was me

9/9 - drive out and play Moundsville Black and return to Knob Hill
9/10 - Moraine and Deer Lakes then drive to WV
9/11 - wake up play Woodshed and Whipping Post drive to PA
9/12 - Whispering Falls and Quakers Challenge
9/13 - Jordan Creek and Nockamixon
9/14 - Iron Hill and Tyler

And a heads up. The drive from Pittsburgh to Paw Paw is 3 1/2 hours. The drive to Moundsville is 1:15. Moundsville is nice, but so is Seven Springs. And Orange Crush and Seth Burton are really nice and only 1:30 away from Pittsburgh.

And a heads up. The drive from Pittsburgh to Paw Paw is 3 1/2 hours. The drive to Moundsville is 1:15. Moundsville is nice, but so is Seven Springs. And Orange Crush and Seth Burton are really nice and only 1:30 away from Pittsburgh.

how would you set up the trip itinerary wise? For western PA and central?

hmmm. Well, since he wants to stick around for the Rush show on the 11th.

I would maybe do this??

9/9 - Either Drive to Fairmont, WV and play Orange Crush and Seth Burton. Could also stop at Timberdoodle Thicket on the way back.

Or you could drive to Moundsville and play the black course, or you could drive to Seven Springs and play there. Both courses take a considerable amount of time to play.

9/10 - Knob Hill, Linbrook, Moraine

9/11 - Deer Lakes, Schenley, then the Rush show. Doubt you would want to drive anywhere after the show?

9/12 - get up early drive to Paw Paw, play both courses there.

9/13 and 9/14 you have lots of options. I would leave Paw Paw and head to Seneca, Patapsco, Blockhouse, or Hawk Hollow. You could make a great day for the 13th at the blockhouse for sure. Then you could get up early and play Nockamixon and Jordan on the 14th.

You would have him miss Iron Hill and Tyler SP for Patapsco and Seneca?

i think it's a toss-up. iron hill is great but a grind and gets monotonous at times. ptap is still a beast long/long with more interesting variety IMO. tyler is a great course but so is seneca.

taking a dg tour of PA without tyler would be a disservice to some degree. where is sedgley on the list? that is the grandfather of PA disc golf!

I'm thinking about ditching the Rush show as it is making scheduling difficult.
So now, this is what I'm thinking:
9/9- Moraine and Deer Lakes
9/10 - Woodshed and Whipping Post
9/11 - Seneca Creek and Patapsco
9/12 - Iron Hill and Tyler
9/13 - Camp Sankanac and Nockamixon
9/14 - Quakers Challenge and Whispering Falls

Alternate:
9/9 - Moraine and Deer Lakes
9/11 - Seneca Creek and Iron Hill
9/12 - Brakewell Steel
9/13 - Tyler and Nockamixon

Last edited:
You wouldn't not be disappointed with Brakewell Steel aka Warwick. It's in my top 5 and I just played 42 holes there last Friday, it was great again.

I'm thinking about ditching the Rush show as it is making scheduling difficult.
So now, this is what I'm thinking:
9/9- Moraine and Deer Lakes
9/11 - Seneca Creek and Patapsco
9/12 - Iron Hill and Tyler
9/13 - Camp Sankanac and Nockamixon

Alternate:
9/9 - Moraine and Deer Lakes
9/11 - Seneca Creek and Iron Hill
9/12 - Brakewell Steel
9/13 - Tyler and Nockamixon

I think both of these are solid. Although you miss out on Knob, Schenley, The Black Course, Orange Crush, and Seth Burton, I think you are hitting higher quality of courses and will have a great time.

I would do iron hill with patapsco instead of Seneca for a better change of pace.

Iron Hill is totally worth playing if you're leaving out of Philly - Carousel is another one that is very close - but playing both in 1 day would be tough w/your limited timeframe.

I'm skipping the ski hill courses, not because I don't like them, but I live in the Sierra and I don't need to fly 3000 miles to play on a ski hill.
If he's flying 3k miles with time for only 12 courses, does he really need to play both courses in Paw Paw, or maybe just one and Hawk Hollow ? I don't know the answer, just asking.
If it's me, I'm definitely staying in Ohioplyle, PA on the way from Deer Lakes to Paw Paw.

If he's flying 3k miles with time for only 12 courses, does he really need to play both courses in Paw Paw, or maybe just one and Hawk Hollow ? I don't know the answer, just asking.
If it's me, I'm definitely staying in Ohioplyle, PA on the way from Deer Lakes to Paw Paw.
Definitely should play both Paw Paw courses while you are there already, it's 36 of the best holes out there. It's hard to leave the place. It would be like if Moraine and Deer Lakes were right next to each other in the same park and not playing one, but then driving another 3.5hrs to play one of them. Not to take away from Hawk Hollow, it's also top notch(#2 on my list), but it's a lot more driving(not to mention VA traffic) to add and might not be in as good condition at that time or open.

I am really unsure if this itinerary is realistic....I actually think you could stay in the PA borders and have time for more disc golf and more courses and not feel so rushed and potentially let down

I mean given the choice the dropoff from Patapsco/Seneca/Black Course/Paw Paw/Warwick and courses you are skipping in PA is not really all that great.....and you are gonna spend a ton of time on the highway instead of the fairway....my .02

I am really unsure if this itinerary is realistic....I actually think you could stay in the PA borders and have time for more disc golf and more courses and not feel so rushed and potentially let down

I mean given the choice the dropoff from Patapsco/Seneca/Black Course/Paw Paw/Warwick and courses you are skipping in PA is not really all that great.....and you are gonna spend a ton of time on the highway instead of the fairway....my .02

I think the itinerary has huge amounts of free time and is extremely realistic. I play quickly, but I recently left Pittsburgh at 7 in the morning and drove to Paw Paw, played both courses. Drove to Seneca Creek and got in all 27 of long tees, and then drove up to Patapsco to camp.

The next day I played Patapso, drove over to Iron Hill and got in a full round of long to long. Then drove up to play Carousel and was up in Philly around 9. I really think 2 courses a day gives him tons of freedom.

joshmo65;1517285 I recently left Pittsburgh at 7 in the morning and drove to Paw Paw said:
why would anyone attempt this? you must not be normal :confused:
that's a great challenge but not for 99% of us.

why would anyone attempt this? you must not be normal :confused:
that's a great challenge but not for 99% of us.

Um. I really hate passing up good courses when I drive, so I hit up as many as possible. The best part, was that I then played a tourney with 2 rounds at Carousel on Saturday and 2 rounds at Iron Hill on Sunday. And to top it off, it was 95* out all 4 days.

I guess I may have an addiction?

Um. I really hate passing up good courses when I drive, so I hit up as many as possible. The best part, was that I then played a tourney with 2 rounds at Carousel on Saturday and 2 rounds at Iron Hill on Sunday. And to top it off, it was 95* out all 4 days.

I guess I may have an addiction?

you actually passed by a bunch of great courses on that manic trip....:doh:

you actually passed by a bunch of great courses on that manic trip....:doh:

I did have to eventually get out to the tournament :D

I enjoyed that even though I had 350 rounds in my scorebook, those 10 rounds increased my average hole length by 4', lol.