• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pennsylvania DG Tour 2012

Paw Paw is always a fun time. Lots of copperheads and rattlers out there!!

If you make it back to play Moraine, Knob, or Linbrook let me know. Would be a shame for you not to get to play Moraine.

hole 6 parkway large ground hornet infestation avoid the stump. other random areas are bee issues as well.

Gabby said the same thing to me about her dog getting bit by a copperhead but that was memorial weekend...is that two bites this year?! A buddy of mine lives just down the street from there and says there are lots of snakes and he shoots them. Also says there are lots of bears and bobcats and coyotes. Only poisonous snake I've seen was at Seth Burton, copperhead was eating a squirrel. I was paranoid on my DWF trip about moccasins, but never saw a snake there.

Day three and I only managed one course, Seneca Creek. Was planning on heading up to Patapsco in the afternoon, but I was so tired after lunch I just took a nap. Might try to hit it before Iron Hill in the morning if I wake up feeling ambitious. Finished the day at Dogfish Head again. I think I might be stuck in a rut. Tomorrow, Delaware and back to Pennsylvania.

Day 4. Some truly hellish DC traffic on the way to Iron Hill. Which, by the way, awesome! Cheesesteak at Tony Luke's in Philly. Tyler, also awesome, was all in the longs, but still nowhere near as tough as Iron Hill. I was racing sunset the whole round only to have to quit after 25 due to some kind of track event running on the final three holes. Drove to Allentown and finished at Allentown Brew Works. Tomorrow, Nockamixon, Camp Sankanac and Jordan Creek.

Day 5. Nockamixon and Jordan Creek. I am seriously running out of gas. The callus on my index finger hurts like an SOB. Hopefully it feels better tomorrow or I might skip driving to Warwick. Nocky was a serious beat down. Jordan Creek was blissfully easy in comparison, really beautiful course though.

Day 5. Nockamixon and Jordan Creek. I am seriously running out of gas. The callus on my index finger hurts like an SOB. Hopefully it feels better tomorrow or I might skip driving to Warwick. Nocky was a serious beat down. Jordan Creek was blissfully easy in comparison, really beautiful course though.

Jordan definitely feels like a walk in the park after Nocky.

Did you get to shoot Sank?

Day 6. 54 holes in Warwick. Played Silver to Silver, Wolfe Woods, had an amazing lunch at an Italian place in Warwick Village, then came back and played Blue to Blue. What a great course! I was able to throw putters and mid ranges all morning, which gave my callous a break since I was using a fan grip. It gave me some trouble in the afternoon, but nothing too major. Lunch sitting heavy was a bigger problem Tomorrow, Quaker's Challenge and Whispering Falls or maybe Camp Sankanac and Quakers Challenge. Opinions? Tonight, Bears vs Packers. Go Pack!

I'm partial to Whispering Falls, but that's just me. ;) Now with 27 holes, a lot of pins are in the long positions right now, rough is thinning out a little, air is getting cooler, a nice new Mexican restaurant less than 5 minutes away- all good reasons to come to Greencastle. Although it may aggravate your callous to play Quake and Falls in the same day. Could hit Quake, Boulder Woods ( other side of the lake from Quake) and Sankanac.

I would play Whispering Falls over Sankanac.....I don't quite get all the love Sankanac gets online

Whatever you do be sure to play the Quake and Moraine

Day 7. Sankanac and Quaker's Challenge. I really liked Sankanac, but it didn't treat me so well. They must have sensed there was an infidel in the house. I shot under, but lost my first disc of the trip on the last hole. And something bit me on hole 17, not sure what. I freaked a bit when I saw something on my leg. The bite got red and swelled up a little and stung like crazy. Probably contributed to my losing the disc on the next hole. Quaker's Challenge was...a challenge. The expletives were flying farther than my discs by the end of the round. I was pretty happy just to string 6 pars together on that course. Drove to Pittsburgh after the round. I had big plans to hit Fatheads Saloon, but I was so tired, I just ended up at the bar in the hotel. Tomorrow is Moraine and Knob Hill. Then Kennywood. Then Fatheads. We'll see how it works out this time.

Day 8. Knob Hill and Moraine. Finally put a good round together and saved it for the last course of the trip. Moraine was a really nice and not spectacularly difficult like some of the other places I played this trip. I'm looking at you, Woodshed, Whipping Post, Iron Hill, Nockamixon and Quaker's Challenge. Don't worry, I still love you. Finished off with a trip to Kennywood and two spectacular coasters: Thunderbolt and Phantom. Wow! Thanks to all my guides: Billy at Seneca, Hawk12 at Iron Hill, Optidiscic at Nockamixon and UsTeD at Knob Hill and Moraine. It was a great trip. Now looking at a day of Hell that is US air travel.

You got Moraine in all A-pins which is by far the easiest layout out there. About 6 strokes easier than the typical pin placements.

Nice, are you going to take some time to rank your favorites once you have had time to relax?

I played a round with you at Iron Hill with Hawk12. I don't know if you played Carousel but I hope you got the chance. I think they are solid, contrasting gold to gold courses. You were hitting some good lines at Iron that day.