Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open

geebob

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Kristin is having a blazing opening round, currently -9 and five strokes ahead of Evelina. Looks like the course changes will help scoring for the FPO, but I really don't like the new 18th.

Interested to see how it plays for the MPO.

This was the first pro event that I have ever witnessed. I have been playing for 15 years. I was amazed at the distances that the MPO players were throwing. Most of those women could really throw far too.

This was the first pro event that I have ever witnessed. I have been playing for 15 years. I was amazed at the distances that the MPO players were throwing. Most of those women could really throw far too.
It's one thing to watch video or read about the distances top pros throw. Something entirely else to see it up close.

Even more amazing when you consider the lines they're hitting and the accuracy it takes to do it combined with the initial velocity they're giving the disc.

Last edited:

I think the thing that really amazed me was the sound produced by discs thrown by MPO players and hardest throwing FPO players. I was amazed at how loud the the crackling sound was. Still am, actually.

It's one thing to watch video or read about the distances top pros throw. Something entirely else to see it up close.

Even more amazing when you the lines they're hitting and the accuracy it takes to do it combined with the initial velocity they're giving the disc.
That's why I love playing courses like Idlewild and especially Toboggan, seeing it on a course you are well familiar with is even more amazing. I am constantly commenting to my kids--you know, the top pros end up here on their drives...they just look at me funny and say, well its OK dad, you got here in two...that's only one stroke difference. Hole 3 at Toboggan especially comes to mind.

Latest posts