• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Player Packs - Cool non-disc items?

Definitely get handwarmers especially if you are somewhere cold. Also socks, some peanuts/sunflower seeds for people to snack on while out on the course, a sweatshirt with the tourney logo on it and maybe some gloves. That would be an amazing player pack

For a summer tournament, bug spray is a nice addition. For colder tournaments, hand/feet warmers are essential unless you're a true mountain man and like the cold.

One of the coolest items I have gotten is Phenix Straps. I know it isnt cheap but it was a great surprise to get to those.

Yes, bottle openers are a great idea. If only I had a website to get custom printed on there.
http://branders.com has great stuff and a lot of sweet bottle openers that aren't just crap. Anyone have any custom-printing or tradeshow promo sort of websites they've used?

I don't get it. If you're going to buy something, why not just give them money? Gold dollar coins are pretty cool. Players packs are lame.

I don't get it. If you're going to buy something, why not just give them money? Gold dollar coins are pretty cool. Players packs are lame.

Christmas must be a blast at your house! :doh:

Having run tournaments for a lot of years and getting lots of feed back, players packs, when they're really good, help bring people out year after year.

I run one event where I strive to have 100 percent pay back on entry fees along with a great players pack for all players...including pro. Last year all players got two discs (JK Pro putter and a KC Pro ROC) along with a t-shirt and stash minis.

I'm planning on adding a Sharpie and a Clipboard to all player packs this year. If you play and feel that player packs are lame, just give it back to me and I'll donate to another tournament for a CTP.

Have to say Adam you are correct, you by far always have the best players pack for SC doubles each year!
What I thought would be a good idea is get some of the mini clipboards, from Walmart, Target, Staples, etc... and put a disc golf sticker on it, <innova, Discraft, etc..>. That way it LOOKS like a players pack, but in fact you have little to no money invested in it, other than the time to put on a few stickers. I did this for my own bag last year, bought a plastic $1 clipboard, put on a sticker that I got from the Tim Selinske Masters, and it looked like one you'd buy from a DG website. Even got a few comments on "where can I get one of those from?"
The bottle openers, towels, pencils, sharpies, all great ideas, and things that can and will be used. Adam your idea about the sander is also great! I keep one in my bag as well, but got one of the 3M ones from Lowe's.

Photo0119.jpg

I think these would be cool for players packs. These patent pending clips clamp onto any type of fabric you want to use for a towel. Hell, clamp 3 towels together and it will hold. They are very tough and durable. I've been using one for over a year and it has held up VERY well, and have gotten them for some friends and they love them, and they clip onto any bag's towel clip.