• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing while letting people play through? Yes or No?

Oh yeah, on hole 1 the second time some big dude yells out to everyone "Anyone got any beeeeeer? Im all out, ****. Im out of drugs and weed too!"

It never stops amazeing me how many people just act like everyone at a disc golf course is OK with smoking weed. I know of a course where parents complained, so the local police went out, bought bags and discs, and posed as disc golfers playing the course. The busted 10 people last time I heard.

I never play after 5:00 around here, because my home course has 2 or 3 groups waiting on every tee, for big groups of 8 or 9 who dont even take notice of anyone else on the course, and dont let anyone play through.

The other day there was a group of 5 adults, each with a kid, between 3 and 5 years old. they let there kids throw aswell as them (about 5 foot at a time), And wouldnet let anyone play through. The kids were laying down in the fairway and stuff, taking forever to play. I was getting so fustrated, kinda made me mad.

I never play after 5:00 around here, because my home course has 2 or 3 groups waiting on every tee, for big groups of 8 or 9 who dont even take notice of anyone else on the course, and dont let anyone play through.

The other day there was a group of 5 adults, each with a kid, between 3 and 5 years old. they let there kids throw aswell as them (about 5 foot at a time), And wouldnet let anyone play through. The kids were laying down in the fairway and stuff, taking forever to play. I was getting so fustrated, kinda made me mad.

I have seen that before, and when that happens, I just skip the hole. By the way, did you ask if you could play through?

It never stops amazeing me how many people just act like everyone at a disc golf course is OK with smoking weed. I know of a course where parents complained, so the local police went out, bought bags and discs, and posed as disc golfers playing the course. The busted 10 people last time I heard.

I'm okay with it. I used to be a smoker myself but that was years ago. Even then though, I was respectful and kept it to myself. Until marijuana is legalized people need to understand that it's just like any other illegal thing, something best kept to oneself in public.

I could care less about who smokes weed and who doesn't around me. But my playing partner is my son, so I'd rather not have people smoking on the course.

sometimes when people let us play through we invited them to whole out with us, especially if they have already teed off and have discs out there. I have also had the opposite happen, where they have invited us. Thankfully I have never had anyone throw on us that let us play through.

Oh yeah, on hole 1 the second time some big dude yells out to everyone "Anyone got any beeeeeer? Im all out, ****. Im out of drugs and weed too!"

I am betting he was being wither sarcastic or just trying to be funny, because no one in their right mind would yell about drugs and weed like that if they actually wanted or had some. If he was serious, we should crack down on stupidity not the alcohol and marijuana use.

You know, I have never had a problem with asking to play through. I've done the "share the hole" bit,, which is usually my motiff. When ever I travel, and I'm playing by myself, I am usually power walking the course. Most of the time they've seen me coming, and they can tell that I'm hustling. I will ask to join them on the hole, because I'm taking in a quick round, and If I can just play on through. I do tend to play more conservative, just so I can get a straight line and hustle on.

If I ever have someone catch up to me, then I'll usually have a cigarette and just wait for them to hole out. I've only had one instance where I threw on someone, and it was an accident. I apologized. (Hole 2 @ Richmond Hill) Two guys were looking for a disc, and I thought they had found it and moved on. I apologized, and offered my help.

i disc by myself alot just because i think its relaxing and i'm in a college town so there is always a bunch of college kids from groups of 4 and up but the thing that amazes me is that they will let me pass by them and when i say college kids these kids have never played disc golf in their life practically but all in all its always a good thing

I am betting he was being either sarcastic or just trying to be funny, because no one in their right mind would yell about drugs and weed like that if they actually wanted or had some. If he was serious, we should crack down on stupidity not the alcohol and marijuana use.

no way man, the guys he was with were stoned out of their minds.

Bad manners exist everywhere. I have been around when someone has been hit by a disc thrown, by impatient people, while others are still finishing out the hole. A little decency and common sense go a long way.

I'm getting pretty tired of people giving me dirty looks when I bury my hookers in the hole on #8. Just play around me, sheesh.

Latest posts