• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

So I've been working really hard for the past 8 months to get this new course tournament ready for an event this weekend. The park includes a fenced in dog park pretty much in the middle of the property.

As the snow has melted, I've noticed an abundance of doggie "land mines" OUTSIDE the confines of the dog park, specifically on the 18th green. The hole is along the border of the park and some fairly high dollar homes that do not have fenced yards. I've seen people come from those homes with their dogs, unleashed, as the make their way to the dog park area.

I went out today, shovel in hand, to remove what i thought was a few land mines. I spent a solid 30 freakin minutes on the 18th green(red shaded area) cleaning enough poop for 3 dozen dogs!!! WTF???!!

picture.php

I initially thought that I'd leave it all in the nearest backyard BUT from the above photo I wasn't 100% sure which house the offending dog owner lived. SO............ I decided to leave said land mines on a key trail(yellow arrow) that leads to/from their houses.

picture.php

Am I a bad person for doing this?

What happened?
a) Was it installed poorly, or...
b) Did the pole break/buckle?

I've played on DiscNation Liberty baskets before...can't imagine winds less than hurricane force would break the pole.

The problem is it's a 3 pole design, and the bottom male pole/sleeve is more like a 2part pole with a couple dink welds that break and turn the bottom third into an articulating elbow.

I had to beef up and weld 9 of these bottom pole/sleeves, plus the male and female locking tab on the male/female sleeves or else you could just rip the basket out easily. The Main 2 part powder coated poles and the basket is sturdy.

The 3 pole design makes it cheaper to ship, and it makes it a good portable basket for tournaments.

Attachments

• 20150911_172029.jpg
    20150911_172029.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 20150911_171817.jpg
    20150911_171817.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 20150919_073530.jpg
    20150919_073530.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 118
I see...it was the post that bent. When it was Discnation, they sold the post separately so I never got one...my salient liberties have the post.

Maybe see if the Parks Dept will put up a sign, identifing the park property and to pickup after your dogs.

I'd say it was a bad move as I doubt it will change behavior... That being said, it is pretty funny :D

So I've been working really hard for the past 8 months to get this new course tournament ready for an event this weekend. The park includes a fenced in dog park pretty much in the middle of the property.

As the snow has melted, I've noticed an abundance of doggie "land mines" OUTSIDE the confines of the dog park, specifically on the 18th green. The hole is along the border of the park and some fairly high dollar homes that do not have fenced yards. I've seen people come from those homes with their dogs, unleashed, as the make their way to the dog park area.

I went out today, shovel in hand, to remove what i thought was a few land mines. I spent a solid 30 freakin minutes on the 18th green(red shaded area) cleaning enough poop for 3 dozen dogs!!! WTF???!!

picture.php

I initially thought that I'd leave it all in the nearest backyard BUT from the above photo I wasn't 100% sure which house the offending dog owner lived. SO............ I decided to leave said land mines on a key trail(yellow arrow) that leads to/from their houses.

picture.php

Am I a bad person for doing this?

No. In fact, I am a little disappointed that you didn't leave one yourself.:D Like "That's not a knife, this is a knife."

The designer should've made better use of that by making it a water carry, rather than putting the tee pads in it. :|

That's some purdy bad flooding.

Here's my pro destroyer off the tee. just under 350 feet. Basket is about 75 feet from where my disc is right now.
image2.jpg

Is 75' the linear distance or are you estimating the length of the hypotenuse? Linear distance looks less than 75' could just be camera angle though.

Basket 3 at Ferrum College after high winds in early March. Basket has been replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_2795 (1).jpg
    IMG_2795 (1).jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 216

Latest posts