• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

170g ESP Buzzz from eBay: This ESP blend is a touch softer & not as super stable as recent ESP Buzzz's. I like these more than the newer ones

175g Viking from eBay: Got a chance to throw this around a bit today. It's flat & I really like it. It's really just what I wanted & will be a really good compliment to my Thunderbirds. Compared to my 166g beaten workhorse Thunderbird the Viking is a touch slower, less glidey & not quite as os. Basically a more stable & dependable Valkyrie.

Attachments

• IMG_20200106_123350.jpg
    IMG_20200106_123350.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200106_123340.jpg
    IMG_20200106_123340.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 30
170g ESP Buzzz from eBay: This ESP blend is a touch softer & not as super stable as recent ESP Buzzz's. I like these more than the newer ones

175g Viking from eBay: Got a chance to throw this around a bit today. It's flat & I really like it. It's really just what I wanted & will be a really good compliment to my Thunderbirds. Compared to my 166g beaten workhorse Thunderbird the Viking is a touch slower, less glidey & not quite as os. Basically a more stable & dependable Valkyrie.

That older 2010's ESP is less durable, after the oop's Discraft could only make ESP FLX in 2008 the ESP got softer in 2009 and up till the light swirl plastic with the numbers came out. Yeah I found with the ESP Impacts, one disc from 2016 hit a tree way too hard and had a small gouge in the disc the one currently in bag. Before that the disc was a tad more US then I would want, odd the hit made disc more stable. The others I have tried most, are correct in being full on Neutral in flight.

That older 2010's ESP is less durable, after the oop's Discraft could only make ESP FLX in 2008 the ESP got softer in 2009 and up till the light swirl plastic with the numbers came out. [...]

"up till the light swirl plastic with the numbers came out."

That would be 2018 when Discraft started putting the Universal Flight Numbers on all their discs, right? (Except Tour Series).

Or was Discraft making light swirly ESP before they started adding the flight numbers?

I ask because I'm interested in the run history and variety of swirlies, especially Discraft ESP.

2 Pro Valks from PIAS.

I've been a bit apprehensive ordering Pro online lately...some have looked like Star and felt like Champ.

“up till the light swirl plastic with the numbers came out.”

That would be 2018 when Discraft started putting the Universal Flight Numbers on all their discs, right? (Except Tour Series).

Or was Discraft making light swirly ESP before they started adding the flight numbers?

I ask because I’m interested in the run history and variety of swirlies, especially Discraft ESP.

They added flight numbers and swirl to disc in late 2017 but it did not reach all models made in ESP until 2018 as the older ESP was still being sold for some discs running out the older ESP and a few models are not popular in ESP.

2 Pro Valks from PIAS.

I've been a bit apprehensive ordering Pro online lately...some have looked like Star and felt like Champ.

You're a bold man, pros a bit of a crapshoot. (Got bunt on six of a run of garbage run of pro Teebird's that tear up if you squint a them hard.)

"up till the light swirl plastic with the numbers came out."

I ask because I'm interested in the run history and variety of swirlies, especially Discraft ESP.

I got one slightly swirly ESP Buzzz from DGC just before the flight numbers came out. Just a touch firmer than some of the earlier ESP but good grip, not like the new ESP.

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_222254.jpg
    IMG_20200107_222254.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 26
You're a bold man, pros a bit of a crapshoot. (Got bunt on six of a run of garbage run of pro Teebird's that tear up if you squint a them hard.)

Yeah, that's why I grabbed them when I was able to feel them at PIAS. I didn't go in specifically looking for Valks, but once I had them in hand, I decided to grab them.

Hoping to try them all out today if the weather holds out.

Can't be softer then the Collector Disc for the Stamp of the Course name and its logo, that disc is almost like a soft R-Pro but if made as a Pro Disc. Closest disc I have seen is the old Rhyno disc that was soft yet almost modern Pro, old Pro is very close to modern Pro.

New aviar and new Wraith. I'll dye the Wraith

Attachments

• 20200112_182543.jpg
    20200112_182543.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200112_182429.jpg
    20200112_182429.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 29
Even though I'm a Firebird guy at heart, I can't resist swiping these first run Z Raptors when I see them. They feel and fly so great. Someday I might actually bag them, ha.

Attachments

• F5C11957-CA83-43D5-9EEA-4248EB8441C7.jpeg
    F5C11957-CA83-43D5-9EEA-4248EB8441C7.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 36
A pair of Roc3's from the US Disc Golf Championship in Rock Hill.

Attachments

• 5751FD26-B6C3-4AE9-BD82-8F812EF3441A.jpg
    5751FD26-B6C3-4AE9-BD82-8F812EF3441A.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 2FC62C6B-CA32-4E4B-A85E-C555846A89D6.jpg
    2FC62C6B-CA32-4E4B-A85E-C555846A89D6.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 36
Cape Fear Games
Wilmington, NC

175g Glow Champion Valkyrie
I've had such good experiences with max weight Glow Champion Valkyries in the past I had to scoop another. They stay stable for so long. FH & BH this is a workhorse type disc for me

175g Champion Eagle
I've never had a premium plastic Eagle before. I love trying out molds that are new to me to see what sticks. I managed to sneak a couple FH's with it before dark. Feels great in the hand. The difference in lack of HSS vs a Champion Teebird was noticable but it held a nice stable flight. To be continued.....

Attachments

• IMG_20200117_204154.jpg
    IMG_20200117_204154.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 38
Cape Fear Games
Wilmington, NC

175g Glow Champion Valkyrie
I've had such good experiences with max weight Glow Champion Valkyries in the past I had to scoop another. They stay stable for so long. FH & BH this is a workhorse type disc for me

175g Champion Eagle
I've never had a premium plastic Eagle before. I love trying out molds that are new to me to see what sticks. I managed to sneak a couple FH's with it before dark. Feels great in the hand. The difference in lack of HSS vs a Champion Teebird was noticable but it held a nice stable flight. To be continued.....

That Glow Champion Valkyrie looks so much better then the one I have with the older 2017 stamp on the disc. Mine is the one with the Star logo stamp in mini and every disc came with red stamp for the Champion plastic. Disc looks so plain and is hard to see in some situations due to lack of color to the disc or the stamp.

Lost my sparkly Eclipse Volt. Found this gorgeous thing at my local brick and mortar. It was love at first sight

CosmicNeutronVoltsm.jpg

5x swirly goodness.

It seems like Discraft, MVP, and Prodigy are producing better swirly discs than Innova these days. They really need to step their game up a bit.