• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nuke ss - at first it flew just like my beat wraith but it is really starting to break in
dx shark - i haven't thrown one in a long time, forgot how great they are.

I picked up a Pro Leopard at PIAS and saw this baby while I was there. I just couldn't pass it up (I have a weird attraction to black discs. They're sort of an enigma for me because they're a pain in the ass to find in just about any conditions but they must be mine!):

2011-06-16_13-08-42_184.jpg

166g Star Archon: Got it in the new hot pink color (which has been super easy to find).

I was looking for a replacement for the now deceased SL and figured I am getting better and could handle the extra speed and turn. I was right. It has a really predictable flight that almost seems to know what I meant to throw and does it. My favorite shots on it have been long anhyzer "s-shots" for distance and when I need to really nail a long RHBH hyzer around a long left hand turn off the tee.

I'm not really a big power thrower and probably don't really utilize the discs distance potential very well, but it did add about an extra 40' to my drives last time I was at a long course.

While home between my wife's travel nursing assignments, I stopped into my favorite local shop and was happy to find a nice selection of LE ESP Comets still around, so I picked up a nice pink one. Also picked up a Champ Leopard because I've been throwing a decent DX one that I found and it seemed to fly pretty nice for me.

messed up the captions and couldn't edit in time.
17?g challenger
177g old dx roc (looking for more)
171g 1997 WBDGW gazelle
175g omega ss
168g colorshift bolt

let's see, a 10x aviar, 2 ce qms's, cfr selenski katana, huk lab hat, 2 yeti's for my pops day gift, FR ce eagle, DD dri fit tee, M-14 basket, and i know im forgetting something else

ive gotta stop this! or not

picture.php

Kind of a neat story on this one. This is the first roc of any kind I ever bought. It was about 3 weeks after I started playing last spring. I instantly fell in love with it and threw it 80% of the time. Because I was new and threw it so much, it inevitably got lost in some undergrowth. This was before I knew that anyone marked their discs in an attempt to get them returned, so it had no ink on it. I was so pissed about losing my only roc that my brother actually got me another one to keep me from going back to look for it again the next day. Because I never wanted to be rocless again, I quickly bought up some backups. I have since acquired too many and more than I will need in 10 years. Anyway, I'm at PIAS yesterday thumbing through the used rack with my fiance and she pulls out a kc roc because she knows I like them but says it's only 175 so she puts it back. I take a second look at it and see that it has a little brown fleck in the plastic just like my old one did, which I knew to be 175g. Somehow, some way, my roc made it back to me. I didn't hesitate one second in buying it for the second time. I may never throw it again, but this disc is the one that really got me hooked on becoming a better disc golfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.