• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour: Live Streaming vs Edited YouTube Coverage

Live vs. Edited
Would you like hot melty pizza at the bar with your friends or reheated soggy pizza alone in your basement?

Until a production crew can have at least five cameras ( lead card tee, lead card basket, second card tee, second card basket, rover) I would still rather see edited.
Watching four guys all picking up ten foot par putts is super boring. Same with watching them all walk down a fairway. I wanna see as many good shots as possible, with very little fill, edited works better in this regard.

Live vs. Edited
Would you like hot melty pizza at the bar with your friends or reheated soggy pizza alone in your basement?

Well the pizza tastes pretty ****ty to start with. Hardly a good analogy.

Maybe like some Dominos or Local owned shop made with love and care. They both fill the hunger but...live needs major work in current state'

Until a production crew can have at least five cameras ( lead card tee, lead card basket, second card tee, second card basket, rover) I would still rather see edited.
Watching four guys all picking up ten foot par putts is super boring. Same with watching them all walk down a fairway. I wanna see as many good shots as possible, with very little fill, edited works better in this regard.

Well put. There will come a day when that is feasible. In the meantime, baby steps.

I only watch live. Never watched any edited anything as there is no drama for me in it. I already know the outcome. I usually follow the live scorecards when available.

And since live is so limited these days, I will forego my plans and stay home to watch (or at work which is the best!)

So I'm your target audience. Do and I'm there!
Boy following a live scorecard sounds so dramatic. I bet the anticipation for a refresh is nearly orgasmic.

Live is better close to an hour out from the end. You just fast forward thru all the crap and finish with everyone else without waiting 5 hours for an outcome.

I prefer edited, with commentary.
I can wait a day. I don't watch these videos to see the outcome of the round as much as I watch to see the outcome of each hole.
Thanks to each of you guys out there.
Cheers

I prefer edited, with commentary.
I can wait a day. I don't watch these videos to see the outcome of the round as much as I watch to see the outcome of each hole.
Thanks to each of you guys out there.
Cheers

This!

And good commentary. Someone that has seen the footage and knows what happens. I like edited footage but hate it when the commentators are trying to figure out if the shot went OB or not. Know your stuff if you are going to do it.

I don't mean to be rude but the coverage of the first event setback DG broadcasting 5 years. Smashboxx has done live coverage better, Jomez, Central Coast and discgolf guy do great stuff......you could probably take some advice from these guys. I know Smashboxx was involved but I think they've done their own live coverage of events all on their own before and it was much better than this.

Personally, I value quality of presentation over live coverage. If the live coverage is going to be a dumpster fire I'm going to watch it.

. If the live coverage is going to be a dumpster fire I'm going to watch it.

Ooohhh, good idea ! Except its a disc golf tournament, not reality TV. :doh:

But a reality TV type disc golf tourney, with fighting and swearing battlegolf style, and players hukking their entire bag in a swamp when they get get frustrated, now THAT I would watch.

I don't mean to be rude but the coverage of the first event setback DG broadcasting 5 years. Smashboxx has done live coverage better, Jomez, Central Coast and discgolf guy do great stuff......you could probably take some advice from these guys. I know Smashboxx was involved but I think they've done their own live coverage of events all on their own before and it was much better than this.

Personally, I value quality of presentation over live coverage. If the live coverage is going to be a dumpster fire I'm going to watch it.

What first event?

What coverage?