• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Frank Delicious said:
yeah an APX is way less stable and deeper rimmed.
Yeah, I meant stability wise...
Frank Delicious said:
Profile comparisions, Jokeri is always on left.

Vs Wizard

1448lxz.jpg
This profile kind of looks like a taller magic or APX. I used to putt with an APX and am giving Wizards a try right now, but I'm still a big APX fan so I was wondering how they compare/contrast. How far out do you get before you start putting on a hyzer line?

DGC emailed me back.
Nicholas,
I will likely be stocking the Prodiscus line once I find a US distributor for their discs. Due to shipping costs, I wouldn't be able to order directly from the company.
Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Thank you,

Wade Parkhurst
Operations Manager

Don't know what that means for Prodiscus's bottom line or time table to get them into our hands.

I'm still interested in a premi plastic one as an approach disc, even if it ends up too stable for my [weak] putting style.

I ordered mine a while ago, still haven't come. I'm really looking forward to giving these a try. From the description, they sound like a nice utility driving putter. I wont be putting with these, definitely. How long were your wait times between ordering and receiving them?

Ryan C said:
I ordered mine a while ago, still haven't come. I'm really looking forward to giving these a try. From the description, they sound like a nice utility driving putter. I wont be putting with these, definitely. How long were your wait times between ordering and receiving them?

Two weeks for me.

jubuttib said:
Any other ION throwers tried these? I feel that it complements the ION very nicely. Handles the wind better and has a bit more fade for when it's needed.

It also feels pretty good when throwing FH.

x2 except Jokeri is great when driven FH.

cfair said:
So where do ya'll think this will rank up to Wizards, Ion, BB KC Aviars and the like? I'd love to hear that it could compete side by side with a wizard, but I don't like judging from hype...

BB KC Aviar is the closest of these. Around the same D and my impression throwing on the snow vs how the BB i lost in the summer is that Jokeri is more HSS and LSS. About the same D and definitely more power requirement to fly fairly straight. Even BBs won't fly arrow straight without fade on shorter appraoches, Jokeri needs to be thrown even farther out to mimize fade. Think of it as max putter driving power disc in winds. Not a straight line calm weather finesse disc. You need to drive it more like a FW than a mid IMO which is great for having tolerance to OAT and strong arming. Not for taking power off on straight narrow holes. For that it needs a finesse no fade partner. Ion and Wiz would work for that. Wiz ain't as long for me as the Ion and Wiz and Jokeri are about on par distance wise.

JR said:
cfair said:
So where do ya'll think this will rank up to Wizards, Ion, BB KC Aviars and the like? I'd love to hear that it could compete side by side with a wizard, but I don't like judging from hype...

BB KC Aviar is the closest of these. Around the same D and my impression throwing on the snow vs how the BB i lost in the summer is that Jokeri is more HSS and LSS. About the same D and definitely more power requirement to fly fairly straight. Even BBs won't fly arrow straight without fade on shorter appraoches, Jokeri needs to be thrown even farther out to mimize fade. Think of it as max putter driving power disc in winds. Not a straight line calm weather finesse disc. You need to drive it more like a FW than a mid IMO which is great for having tolerance to OAT and strong arming. Not for taking power off on straight narrow holes. For that it needs a finesse no fade partner. Ion and Wiz would work for that. Wiz ain't as long for me as the Ion and Wiz and Jokeri are about on par distance wise.

hmm... I wonder how they do beating in then. Anyone have an estimate on how long they'll take to lose stability? I think I'll pick some up when I have the chance, that and picking out some wizards... (looks like a trip to the throw shop)

Ryan C said:
I wont be putting with these, definitely.
They're actually good for putting too. =)
cfair said:
hmm... I wonder how they do beating in then. Anyone have an estimate on how long they'll take to lose stability? I think I'll pick some up when I have the chance, that and picking out some wizards... (looks like a trip to the throw shop)
JR has beaten his more than I have, but I can say that even after a few direct wall hits (for testing purposes) that dented the disc a bit it still flies identically to my brand new ones. Didn't affect the HSS or LSS at all.

Got Joker's yesterday in the mail. He sent them in a flexible package with the words "Frisbee discs" written on the customs declaration so they could feel that they really were discs, I have no doubt it helped hurry them through customs.

They spent the majority of the day in my mailbox, outside, in Maine winter temperatures. When I finally got to them they were stiff as boards, which was awesome, but I know with some temp increases they'll get more flexible. You guys weren't joking about that mini either, I almost thought it was aluminum or something similar because of how hard it is. I'm not going to throw these things for at least another month but from the feel of the plastic, shape of the rim, and flap top I can already tell i'm going to be throwing these things something fierce. The rim was much deeper than I expected, it's not a super shallow putter. The baseline plastic was pretty sweet too, I was a little hesitant to pick up any of those but now I'm glad I did.

Can't wait to see them in more colors with that sweet joker picture that was posted. I'll definitely scoop up at least one more of each color.

Mine came while we were out on the disc golf cruise. I will hopefully be able to try them out tomorrow. They feel pretty sweet.

Got to try mine out today. They are awesome for flex shots!

They are like what I imagine sell-seasoned Sinus will be like if mine ever get to that point. Or if a grip pure and a sinus decided to meet half way. And very comfy in the hand with the nice beefy rim.

I so need this disc for those days that my form sucks and I turn all my regular straight putters over. Yay Jokeri

jubuttib said:
Ryan C said:
I wont be putting with these, definitely.
They're actually good for putting too. =)
cfair said:
JR has beaten his more than I have, but I can say that even after a few direct wall hits (for testing purposes) that dented the disc a bit it still flies identically to my brand new ones. Didn't affect the HSS or LSS at all.

No idea about detectable changes to flight because the dents i've made to the base line plastic have not changed the flight so much that i could detect it. So i'd say good luck breaking in a primo plastic one. If you want your Jokeri broken in drive with a base plastic one. I think it will stand up to many tree hits before changing. Unless you have a cannon arm and whack a tree near by.

Shank said:
wizard contender?

Maybe once it is broken in. When new these have more HSS and LSS and are somewhat beefier than the most overstable kind of HPP Wizards. As a compliment to Wizards these will handle winds and hyzers that need to come down faster and not move so far left. Flex shots especially are a forte of Jokeri while still not being meathooks. Same distance for me Jokeri vs Wiz.

I played a round with my base model today, a one disc affair from the shorts at my local course. Had I known the baskets were in the mostly short positions I probably would have played the longs because short-short was 3900'...definitely putter round material, and with the heavy wind it was still a bit of a challenge.

I was impressed by the glide, you can really huck this thing. I am not a huge putter driver kind of guy (usually save for 150 or less) and even I can get this thing out to probably 250' without issue.

The fade is odd and hard to judge...the disc seems to glide forever and then it suddenly stops, turns, and drops. It isn't a huge fade ala drone or pig though, it was actually straighter than I expected.

The base plastic didn't knick up bad on the few tree hits I had but the flightplate seemed to warp easy. I could see dips in it after a single round...jury is out on the affects of that.

I didn't like it as a putter per se because outside of 30' the weird fade was hard to judge but it is an exceptional driving putter, especially with FH players.

I did have a couple slight turnovers but it was very headwindy today and throwing 250' on a flat low line with a putter is bound to cause a few issues, even when it turned it was slight and manageable.

I think these will be loved by many. I am dying my clear one purple so I can use it. :D

Played with mine in BEE-utiful 75 degree weather yesterday (typical january day in texas :) ), and was surprised to find that it didn't get much gummier than in near freezing temps.

So far the jokeri is really proving its worth on headwind approaches, short FH drives, and controlled hyzers in the 200-280' range. I can throw it at near full-power on holes where I normally throw a stable roc @ ~75% power and it'll hit the same hyzer lines. Pretty sure it'll be in the bag for a while.

Latest posts