• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Do any of the US retailers have the jokeri available? And if not, is there a time frame? Sounds like a great compliment to my ions! Thanks for any information

I think that Altitude will get the discs next week. http://www.altitudediscgolf.com
And SunKingDiscs is getting discs in two weeks. http://www.SunKingDiscs.com

Another wind breaker is coming next week RESPECTi
Basic plastic will be available then but I think that we'll do more test runs with premium plastic

-kai-

I am still enjoying my Jokeri. The base plastic feels so nice, even in the snow. Haven't gotten much time to throw the premium. I got the yellow and it is REAL stiff in the cold.
vesakai said:
Another wind breaker is coming next week
I have been known to break wind on occasion.

Break wind=pieraista in Finnish. Wind breaker is either somebody doing the former or more officially (i think) aallonmurtaja. The word you're looking for is wind beater. Which is bad in itself because of 1. what wind can be translated to and 2. beater can be translated to runkkari as well as romuauto. Finnish is the most rude language there is relation to other languages. Try to act cool meeting mister Sathanapalli :)

Jeronimo said:
I want blue, green, and orange Premium Joker's. Now.
Break out the dye, the clear ones are absolutely stunning when dyed.

turso said:
Very remotely, but I don't think that's what he meant.

English does have fun in other ways like break like the wind :) Hungarian to Finnish translation fun: Pimppa is a Hungarian name and litlle children's word for female sexual organ. Of course in Hungarian sounds like arse in Finnish. I swear it sounds like perse (=arse in Finnish) and i stick by it having heard it said in class by a Hungarian exchange student.

Wind breaker is actually better known now as a wind-resistant material so it's not so far what I meant with it.
Sure you can breake all English words to another meaning if you want, but RESPECTi is wan hell of a kind wind breaker!

I hope that I do better discs than write English :)

has everyone got the discs they ordered?

vesakai said:
has everyone got the discs they ordered?

Not yet. Tomorrow will be three weeks but I thought to give it a couple more days before dropping you a PM. No worries.

vesakai said:
Another wind breaker is coming next week RESPECTi
Basic plastic will be available then but I think that we'll do more test runs with premium plastic
It's next week, where's the disc Kai?

My Jokeri broke wind often this past weekend :D I used it off the tee a lot yesterday at a local 2-round mini...loving the flight of this disc into a straight headwind! It broke wind hard enough to knock me into 1st place...50 dollhairs into my pocket :)

I finally got my Jokeris. They look beautiful. I wont get to throw them until Wednesday, but I got to throw a friend's last Saturday, so I'm excited about using them more. I love driving with putters, and these seem like they'll be sweet.

Finnish frisbees in the mail today, delivered by a curious mailman. "Special for the snow ya know", I told him and he walked away content. I requested yellow discs as those looked to be the most visible for play in snow and Kai went a step further and sent a yellow mini as well, nice touch.

Sub-zero wind chill and knee deep snow make for less than ideal test conditions but I like what I've seen so far. Nice smooth drives off the tee into a 15 mph headwind, the Jokeri wasn't getting bounced as much as its nearest counterpart from my current bag, a Sinus. The Jokeri easily held a hyzer in that headwind. Premium Jokeri was a bit slick and very rigid in the 5°F temps though I tagged a tree 20' off the tee pretty hard and couldn't even see a scuff so the plastic is durable stuff. Looking forward to working the disc more.