• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

They were suppoaed to be max weight. Thats what i requested from vesakai. I never actually weighed them but thats what i asked for. Specifically because i wantes to have them for driver putters

Just got a new premium Jokeri in trade. These feel great in hand. Not too shallow or too deep.
I wanna throw it PDQ

Altitude finally got the JOKERi in stock today!

I absolutely love mine. In premium plastic it's an awesome driving putter. Just slightly overstable. I love the baseline for putting as well. fits my style perfectly. thrown straight at the basket it holds the line. But doesn't have the glide of the pure I was using before. So I don't have that really long comeback putt when I miss. Although I haven't been missing much. :p

Also. Doesn't really look like they have any max weight discs. everything is between 169 - 172

Most of the discs are between 170-175g in basic and 172-175g in premium.
some basics have been 169g

when asked for max weight it should be 173-175g
otherwise it's random for now until I got all weight

if someone has got wrong weight please PM me

RESPECTi is ready and sent to stock today. So deliveries start tomorrow

I was getting a bit impatient waiting for the Respecti so I asked Kaitsu to send one without a stamp. It arrived today.

Will need to wait till tomorrow to actually throw it.
Feels very grippy as you'd expect from a basic line plastic.

Here's a pic comparing it to my C-PD. They seem to have same rim width. The rim on Respecti is a couple of millimeters deeper and a bit more concave.
P2240195.jpg

Order in for basic blue and premium clear from Altitude.

[Axl] Time to learn to dye !

Got to test run a premium RESPECTi today. For a reference I can throw a JOKERi about 280' I throw a star leopard about 380' and I can get my drivers out over 400'. These throws are typically flat and straight. If I really work a flex shot I can push each of these farther. I throw exclusively RHBH. Most of my bag is full of stable to slightly understable discs. I have recently started to really feel the need for an overstable disc in my bag. So I will need to really learn how to throw this type of disc. All that being said:

First off the disc I was throwing wasn't mine. It was on loan from Altitude. It was heavier than I typically throw at 178. I typically throw about 170. If the disc was mine the first thing I would do is remove the flash. The flash is nasty. I'd really like to know how it flies without the flash. I threw it on every hole that was open enough. And all holes that favor a hyzer approach. The respecti is definitely overstable. I actually found it fairly similar to my star firebird. With the type of throw I am used to I was really struggling to get any distance on it. On most throws I could throw my jokeri just as far. Prodiscus has it rated as a 8 4 0 2 I would probably rate the LSS as a 3 or a 4 not a 2. Otherwise their rating seams fairly accurate. It was fairly calm out today. I would really like to see how this disc behaves in the wind. I think those who throw tommy's and thumbers will probably really like this disc. And most of the FH crowd I know would probably like it as well. On my last throw I finally got a good solid rip with a nice anhyzer release and it flexed out nicely and covered about 320'. Overall I like the disc. But it is definitely a disc I would have to learn how to throw. Because I am already looking to add a disc like this to my bag it might very well make it. I wish I could really compare it to other discs that fill this role for most people. But I honestly don't have them in my bag yet. Hopefully this rambling post helps those who may have an interest.

eky8 said:
Prodiscus has it rated as a 8 4 0 2 I would probably rate the LSS as a 3 or a 4 not a 2.
Or perhaps in their rating system 2 means that type of fade... The rim is apparently just about as wide as PDs, and they rate that at 8, why should the rest of the ratings conform to Innova?

If it had a lot of flash, it will probably be a bit less beefy when that's been removed.

I'd only be interested in them if I could throw them significantly farther than Eagles, which I love for control, but it drastically shorter than Nukes, which are my next step up. I'm in the market for something to fill that gap, so I'll be interested to see how these are received. I love their premium plastic. Basically perfect flexy/grippy ratio for anything other than a putting putter for me.

Judging by what Varsi told me even the baseline competes with discs like the C-PD more than anything, and seems like a very good thumber disc (longer than his C-PD for him). Of course this is based on a few test throws, we'll know better tomorrow when we get to try it out more.

Sweet, got mine from Altitude today!
I agree with earlier grip feel comments, and find the shape to be every bit as easy in the hand as the Pure for power or fan grips. Same mold line, bit more square up top, bit more slant below, same overall height.
Too bad we're riding out t-storms and slush today, but I'll huk it tomorrow!!

I've been throwing my Jokeris more and more, and now one of the premiums has just started to show some wear on the bottom of the rim. It has lost only a tiny bit of stability, but now it pretty much flies like your average good, stable Wizard. And the best part is that its going to stay there for a long time. It still wont flip up for me at all, but its fade is now delayed. I always prefer discs that age this way, rather than losing HSS before LSS.

Just got my two max weight premiums in the mail. Love the feel of this disc, feels great in my hand, no horrendous flashing to worry about and as clear as anything. Looking forward to taking them out to the field tomorrow morning to toss alongside my Soft Ions and Champ Rhyno.

Finally got to throw mine yesterday.
Both the base and prem plastic fly the same (Yippee). Prem also grips nicely in 35deg damp weather.
I now understand the comments about flies fast, glides well, until it reaches a certain slower speed, then starts to really drop with a touch of left fade. Other than speed, paths are very similar to the Wiz and Ridge for the first 175, then the more sudden loss of elevation with minimal left fade finishes the flight to 200.
I drilled an oak tree at 50, trying to throw 200, and the base plastic marked up pretty much like a S Wiz or Pure. An inch of scarring but no bites missing.
Long downhill putts are much straighter than before, requiring a new aiming point.

The linked pic shows hole 4 at Hudson, drive from a hill, over trees, towards a pin 275 away back left of the yellow trash can in the sample pic. The throw requires a solid 30ft+ altitude, yet the disc only drifts about 20ft left settling down around 220. This disc REALLY wants to finish near it's original flight line...

scgh05.jpg

I'll prob appreciate this disc more once I learn the ranging for putts, and have more wind to fight.

Just got back from throwing these in the field. Shots were thrown into a soccer goal about 200 ft away.

Recently I have been using just Soft Ions for all shots under about 250 on flat land. During the wind we have had recently i realized i need a more overstable putter to compliment that and ordered 2 Premiums to test out. I also picked up a Gummy Champ Rhyno at the local PIAS to try as well.

When thrown side by side the Jokeri holds a straight line for longer before it starts to fade than the Rhyno and I had no problem getting either to land inside the goal. One thing i did tend to notice was that the Jokeri's if thrown low to try and slide it in to the goal would consistantly slide faster than the Rhyno did, most likely due to the slicker plastic and the more smooth rim shape. This also led to larger skips on shots i aired out a little more to come crashing in by the goal.

As of now i am preferring the Rhyno over the Jokeri but that is possibly do to the Gummyness of the plastic which led me to choosing Soft Ions over a combination of Soft and Medium. I will have to take the Jokeri along for a few rounds this weekend to test it on the course next to the Rhyno as well though.

RS39's review there is another like some we've already had. My Jokeri is just nothing like this. On a 300' throw, the Jokeri does not flip at all and finishes a good 15' left of its initial line. I hope that most Jokeris are like mine, cause I really don't want another straight putter that doesn't fade much. We already have about a thousand of those.

I also thought his review was a bit funny, all four of my baselines fly identically, straight for quite a bit and a good reliable fade at the end, easily 15' at long distances. They also ride a hyzer line really nicely if I want more sideway movement. I have one premium and have tried a few others and they too flew identically, just more LSS than the baselines. Possibly more HSS too, but since the baselines don't turn for me I'm not sure. =)

Latest posts