• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proper etiquette when finding discs?

If Streets finds a lost disc:

1. If it's uninked it either gets taken to PIAS for credit or if it's a mold I like throwing it goes in the bin

2. If it's inked...I leave it and go about my round while whistling "Old McDonald Had a Farm"

1. If it's uninked it either gets taken to PIAS for credit or if it's a mold I like throwing it goes in the bin

2. If it's inked...I leave it and go about my round while whistling "Old McDonald Had a Farm"

That's pretty much what I do now too.
Returning discs is a royal pain in the a$$ (in my area anyway)

I have a variant from the above however, if it's a rare disc that is inked, I'll call. Those folks seem to always want their discs and make a serious effort to get them back. The last CE disc I found, the guy left work and met me in the parking lot at the end of my round and he was very happy!

No, no, no!

You must take the uninked disc home and post pictures on every social media site, put an ad in the local paper, tote the disc around to all of your league events and not rest until you've found the rightful owner.

Cuz disc karma ya know.

If the disc has ink, why not simply text it right away? And if it seems difficult to reach them or if it looks like it may be complicated to return, I'll typically find a hiding spot for it and send them a pic of where I stashed it. EASY

If the disc has ink, why not simply text it right away? And if it seems difficult to reach them or if it looks like it may be complicated to return, I'll typically find a hiding spot for it and send them a pic of where I stashed it. EASY

Did just this a Ditto Farms last Saturday. Made me feel good and the guy was happy, too. Win-win. :clap:

Not passing judgement on anyone here, btw. This is just what I prefer to do.

Unlinked discs I find that I don't throw I either ask one of my card mates if they want it or I put it on top of that hole's basket. If it has a phone number I'll text that number and say "Hey found your (insert found disc) at (insert course) I'm going to hide it under 12's trash can." I don't expect to meet up with people who have found my lost discs and they shouldn't neither.

Please explain this logic. You've already assumed the disc is lost. Whether the disc remains buried in underbrush, at the bottom of a lake, or in someone else's bag, it's not in your possession. You'd rather it remain 'lost than having someone else throwing it? :clap:

Here is my logic. You find a disc with a number or other means of contact, you contact that person. If you don't, you are a dick. Plain and simple. If you find someone's wallet on the street do you think you are just entitled to it? Do you not contact the wallets owner? Furthermore in lots of places having that wallet is possession of stolen goods.

Again, call on found discs. Could be the owner is coming back for it, could be it fell out of their bag and they didn't notice right away. Any way you slice it, calling is the right thing to do.

I would say anyone who finds an inked disc and does not make an attempt to return it, is a douche bag, pure and simple and likely deserves the snot being beat out of them.

6619e1982b5f9a02d25897e8d415d5a784a754330a6054280ef3311416397d91.jpg

Unlinked discs I find that I don't throw I either ask one of my card mates if they want it or I put it on top of that hole's basket. If it has a phone number I'll text that number and say "Hey found your (insert found disc) at (insert course) I'm going to hide it under 12's trash can." I don't expect to meet up with people who have found my lost discs and they shouldn't neither.

Seems pretty reasonable.

I used to call, and that was what burned me out. Txt as to where it's hidden is what I'll do from now on.

Last disc I found with ink that I called, the lady told me she lost it a year before on a different course. She told me to keep it, when I see a guy looking for "his" lost disc. I gave it to him and told him he might want to cover the name and number.

Since only one of my inked discs has ever been returned, I generally set any I find out in the fairway and move on.

i never call. if youre irresponsible enough to leave your gear out, you deserve to have your plastic taken away. conversely, i dont write my name and number on my clubs because i am sure as **** not gonna leave a soldier behind...all this hippy karma bs is just that; bs. have your chick shave her pitts and call me.

-Apothecary, Do You Call Numbers on Discs?

Latest posts