• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed Course in South Jersey Facing Opposition - Help Needed DGCR

Is it public land?
Are there any laws against cutting down a tree in that state on public land?

The governing body of the land gave permission from what I can tell.

Seems more like legal action would prevail more than political action.

At this point, I see it proceeding like this:
The local government, having met resistance from this wackjob, is asking for guidance from the state level. Once they send out an actual naturalist, and review the results, barring any actual endangered or protected species being found, the freeholders will greenlight construction. It does not seem to me that "protected" or "preserved" apply to this property beyond a misrepresented word on a welcome sign, and an informal snap poll taken in the early 2000s when the park was established. So, all you have to do is wait for the bureaucracy to clear it, so sometime next decade. In the meantime, these wackjobs will make a facebook scene anytime a stranger passes gas in their precious untouched virgin New Jersey wilderness.

Apparently, there's only 128 acres of it left in the whole state. And it was a horse ranch for overweight middle aged people with cowboy fantasies up until 2000. It's about as untouched and virgin as Snooki. And judging from the blighted chestnut trees, that's not all the park has in common with her. :p

At this point, I see it proceeding like this:
The local government, having met resistance from this wackjob, is asking for guidance from the state level. Once they send out an actual naturalist, and review the results, barring any actual endangered or protected species being found, the freeholders will greenlight construction. It does not seem to me that "protected" or "preserved" apply to this property beyond a misrepresented word on a welcome sign, and an informal snap poll taken in the early 2000s when the park was established. So, all you have to do is wait for the bureaucracy to clear it, so sometime next decade. In the meantime, these wackjobs will make a facebook scene anytime a stranger passes gas in their precious untouched virgin New Jersey wilderness.

Very accura assessment of the situation. It's a waiting game until the next walk through with a naturalist/environmentalist - which will ver likely be after elections ....
Ah politics

:thmbup::hfive:
Apparently, there's only 128 acres of it left in the whole state. And it was a horse ranch for overweight middle aged people with cowboy fantasies up until 2000. It's about as untouched and virgin as Snooki. And judging from the blighted chestnut trees, that's not all the park has in common with her. :p

:clap::clap:

Keep up the fight boys. We are with you in any way we can.

A post on the oppositions facebook page quotes the Mayor as saying that he feels the park could "move forward with a disk course on the elevated region of the park while preserving the lower forrest." I'm not entirely familiar with the layout but I think this would require a pretty significant redesign. Would be better than no course though.

Wow

If in the future I absentmindedly engage in a debate with you, please PM me this quote as a reminder that I want no part of you. TIA
:clap:

Save Timber Creek Park said:
Well, just as I predicted. The fox is dead. Hit by a car on Somerdale Road. If the area around the den was not disturbed this would not have happened. The designer must be a real "professional", and probably very proud of him self.

Wow, some serious chit right there. I don't know if I can support this DG course if it's making foxes, not known for being clever as you know, run into moving cars.

Well I seen a dead fox on the side of I-275 yesterday. I am now in the process of petitioning the state of kentucky to remove this highway as it has become a death trap for foxes, deer, raccoons and host of other animals.

Well I seen a dead fox on the side of I-275 yesterday. I am now in the process of petitioning the state of kentucky to remove this highway as it has become a death trap for foxes, deer, raccoons and host of other animals.

Must be a disc golf course nearby.

This is probably terrible to say, but how funny would it be if after all the bitching this Chris guy has done; Hurricane Sandy comes in and levels all the trees in the park. It would be an awful thing to happen to the park and the potential DG course, but man would I love to see his reaction.

Last edited:
Those damn disc golfers, throwing those discs around causing the air pressure and moisture, heating up the ocean and shiz! rapidly cooling and creating condensation! KILL 'EM.

I guess I should quit throwing discs in my yard. Oklahoma has been having tornados and earthquakes this year. Must be the blizzard plastic.

I played a tournament at an airforce base, and there were foxes running across the fairways there quite frequently... So if B-1 bombers and disc golf don't kill foxes, what does?

This is probably terrible to say, but how funny would it be if after all the bitching this Chris guy has done; Hurricane Sandy comes in and levels all the trees in the park. It would be an awful thing to happen to the park and the potential DG course, but man would I love to see his reaction.

true!

Latest posts