• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Repository of Cool Images

I think the yellow line is the imaginary mathematical Axis of Rotation. The spine is not the axis, it precesses around the axis on a tilted spiral. The front leg itself is not really the axis either although it's close, the ankle is the base of the axis as everything pivots centered around it.

If the rear leg was the axis of rotation, then it would be moving/wandering around during the throw which would kill rotational velocity.

1713629987822.png

I stumbled across an old flickr album while searching for something completely unrelated on here, enjoy!

(not mine)
ALBUM HERE

I think the discrepancy here is that we are both right. There is an axis of rotation how I'm seeing it where the spine and the rear leg are on the axis first. That starts to fade away very close to the hit (most pro's release the front toe just before the hit) and the front leg starts to rotate. Then there is a new axis of rotation that does include the front leg and does not include the rear leg. In my coaching I find it most useful to

I remain confused.

TDG talks about a stationary axis in his OLD phase 1. That is roughly head through spine through back leg.

The photos of pros both in the coil position and at the hit looked tipped away from the target and roughly through spine and front leg - but on followthrough they are tipped toward target. As if the axis of rotation had moved in a cone shape (point at the bottom).

My question is about the hit point itself. At that time, is the axis essentially stationary, wherever it is pointing? So the majority of rotation occurs around a relatively fixed axis, that may have slowly precessed to get to that spot, and then continues to slowly precess to followthrough?

Relationship between axis of rotation (yellow line), center of mass (pink circle), and disc trajectory (teal arrow) near moment of release from @sidewinder22.

View attachment 338508

Umm. Not saying you're wrong. But I had a somewhat different interpretation. So......

Consider the shoulder plane. It wobbles a bit during the throw, as Tread Athletics graphics show, but near release it must be fairly stable.
I would think the axis of rotation at that instant is a line perpendicular to the shoulder plane, and possibly (probably?) passing through the center of mass.