• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Resistor

Yep, tried the Vector briefly a couple years ago, but it couldn't displace my Wasp. And I didn't really expect to like the Tensor, but decided to get one on a whim to see how it paired with the Tangent. I wound up bagging it.

Tensor still getting some hate? It doesn't have the legs of the Vector, it's a slower, shorter mid...the thing looks more like a Jokeri. Use it accordingly(i.e. OS putter-mid hybrid).

IMO

The problem is that it doesn't fly like a jokeri. It is a really weird flying disc. It isn't nearly as OS it its profile makes it look. It's an awkward mix of HSS and lack of LSS. It is really a hard disc to become familiar with bc it likes to fly straight but it has some glide, sometimes slight turn and other times no turn. I just don't think the disc is what they Bro's were aiming for. And with the huge success of the Envy, Vector & Resistor, I just can't imagine the Tensor will gain popularity.
Who knows though, I may be all over a P Tensor...... Love me some proton.

^specially when lighter weight or heavily seasoned. I like the added glide of a vector for more lateral movement and line shaping while still being plenty OS-- the tensor reminds me of a disc you can just be reckless with and still flies straight with a little fade.

The problem is that it doesn't fly like a jokeri. It is a really weird flying disc. It isn't nearly as OS it its profile makes it look. It's an awkward mix of HSS and lack of LSS. It is really a hard disc to become familiar with bc it likes to fly straight but it has some glide, sometimes slight turn and other times no turn. I just don't think the disc is what they Bro's were aiming for. And with the huge success of the Envy, Vector & Resistor, I just can't imagine the Tensor will gain popularity.

Agree the HSS is there, and that it doesn't have as much LSS as you might expect. And Yeh, it has more glide than you'd think looking at it.

So, it sounds like the consensus is that it's not OS enough. IMO, as long as the HSS is there, you can manipulate the fade.

Tensor still getting some hate? It doesn't have the legs of the Vector, it's a slower, shorter mid...the thing looks more like a Jokeri. Use it accordingly(i.e. OS putter-mid hybrid).

IMO

Its probably why the disc has a smaller following from MVP fans really. It always felt really weird in my hand too and just didn't really know when to use it with ions and vectors in the bag already which I like to throw on a hyzer to get a lot of fade when needed.

I think the tensor would be received better if it was more of a putter height but the same smaller diameter.

Yep, tried the Vector briefly a couple years ago, but it couldn't displace my Wasp. And I didn't really expect to like the Tensor, but decided to get one on a whim to see how it paired with the Tangent. I wound up bagging it.

you gotta give the vector another run mane. its so good its almost better than the ion.

It is a really weird flying disc. It isn't nearly as OS it its profile makes it look. It's an awkward mix of HSS and lack of LSS. It is really a hard disc to become familiar with bc it likes to fly straight but it has some glide, sometimes slight turn and other times no turn. I just don't think the disc is what they Bro's were aiming for. And with the huge success of the Envy, Vector & Resistor, I just can't imagine the Tensor will gain popularity.

this post is good. especially the last part. i hardly use my tensors but i would buy a proton tensor asap and instabag™ it.

While I certainly don't agree with the claims that "MVP doesn't make an OS disc," there is definitely room to make a beefy mid in their lineup. And a putter, meatier than the Envy.

everything is os when you cant break 300

A powered down Resistor and Tensor are all you need for OS mid work.

Powering down the Resistor has convinced me to take my Wasp out of the bag. My initial hope taking on this disc is that it would replace my domey Banshees and my Wasp and help me condense the amount of molds I use. I field tested the Resistor alongside my Wasp long enough to see that I could get each disc within 10ft of each other consistently.

Its probably why the disc has a smaller following from MVP fans really. It always felt really weird in my hand too and just didn't really know when to use it with ions and vectors in the bag already which I like to throw on a hyzer to get a lot of fade when needed.

I think the tensor would be received better if it was more of a putter height but the same smaller diameter.

I was worried about the sharply slanted rim too, but I really don't even notice it when throwing the Tensor. Anyway, it works for me along with the Tangent for medium approach.

you gotta give the vector another run mane. its so good its almost better than the ion.

this post is good. especially the last part. i hardly use my tensors but i would buy a proton tensor asap and instabag™ it.

I'm too heavily vested in Wasps to drop them for Vectors.

Wasp is pretty much the same disc so that makes sense really.

Almost. Of course the Resistor is faster, smaller and thinner. The main difference to me is that I can comfortably throw the Resistor BH & FH. The Wasp was always
a BH thrower. That bead felt awful with a FH grip.

Almost. Of course the Resistor is faster, smaller and thinner. The main difference to me is that I can comfortably throw the Resistor BH & FH. The Wasp was always
a BH thrower. That bead felt awful with a FH grip.

then your doing it wrong playboy

i fh my wasp with ease and i even hate beads.

if wasps are the same as vectors maybe i should switch my whole bag over to DC. is the challenger like an ion?

Challengers...gotta worry about the plastic. Some Pro D is waxy crap, some Soft X is velvet while some is waxy and floppy. I would only buy either off the shelf.

As for the Wasp, Z is sweet...all you need to worry about is flat vs slight dome.

Latest posts