• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3x midrange

My hunch is that the mold they used for the DX Rocs has a 1 degree draft. That's really about as little draft as you want in a high volume mold.

I would have expected closer to two because of the longevity issues you mentioned.

EDIT: Stardoggy, if you don't mind me asking, what's your connection to the injection molding world?

I work for a large bathing company, and design plastic parts for a living.

I give *doggy's mom so much injection. hot. beef. injection.

Yeah right. She only likes red meat, not tuna cans.

Cool, thanks.
I design research and data collection equipment... some of which need molded bits. Injection molding is my favorite part of my job :)

My first job out of school was designing small injection molded parts for aftermarket automotive sensors. Now it's much larger items, all the way up to around 40" support boots.

You're not really having fun until you get into large thermoformed parts, though.

How large is large?
I made some custom tail lights on the thermoform platform that I built... the red acrylic sheets were 24x24 before forming.
When you say "large" are you talking bathtub sized? That would be awesome....

How large is large?
I made some custom tail lights on the thermoform platform that I built... the red acrylic sheets were 24x24 before forming.
When you say "large" are you talking bathtub sized? That would be awesome....

Our biggest baths here use approx. 7'x4' acrylic/abs sheets. 72"x42" baths, with a 24" draw. Good stuff...no two baths are every perfectly alike.

yeah, that's huge. I'm assuming you have to pre-stretch the material before turning on the vacuum.

Sorry for the thread-drift...

back on topic:
my Champ RocX3 holds its line when thrown 300-320' into a 10mph headwind. Unfortunately I haven't been throwing in winds stronger than that so no comments on those conditions. I don't expect that stability from my DX Rocs.

I've gotten to throw the Rocx3 my buddy has. It really does fit right between a Gator and a Roc3. Definitely more overstable than the Glow EM MD3's. The rocx3 has a bigger and more blunt nose to it. Almost looks like they put an X-spacer in the Roc3. Can't wait for the regular production run. If a gator is too much stability for you, but a roc3 isn't enough, then you'll probably like the Rocx3.

I think the Rocx3 is just a new top no spacer. Mine have a zipper top. I could be wrong though.

Grabbed a new rocx3 today and played 2 rounds with it. I absolutely love the stability of it, and think the flight numbers are pretty representative of how it should fly. I can rip it 300-320 flat and it will fade every time even into a headwind. It will be cool to see how these fly when they're molded in star and how they beat up. I'll be throwing mine for the time being thats for sure.

Rocx3 stock stamp release

Shipping to vendors May 22nd.

Innova Note: Last month's dealer update was published with incorrect flight numbers
(5 | 3 | 0 | 3.5) for the RocX3. The numbers on the stock hot stamp are correct.

Stock Hot Stamp Flight Numbers: 5 | 4 | 0 | 3.5
Weights: 165-180g
MSRP: $16.99

9xAavI9gaThOCddVlEGMzQYxxKr8_im3mC32xRqJQzfgyekbaeFWgHfByeb7sAFYDrE9hyZu2aFmn15gJ3RuR_HHPjhRwXeEKbGZ6M08uDYxBuvw4pT3XCzazVttvKw00bsuwXoCLzJhWnZZbsLBWIyA_NipSZFX7UsQGvcA77knsCCFPq1ORZ7KGmHLepH0BFOwUjMuamRXV3WAUjoGB-8pu3c35k5PadavCcEyO3I1hrneGs7cZzOh8tpakjUnO4wspCiAgBPUwFRH_b5Sn6FMz0xNoIybHN_zTufMsFKLG60k0sIHqQMV6jNBc7Jkxnx_STzcVeGLH-FqsJOAjSIiJaRUXQkEQno-94_hhbiyHxVNhbOhUMTdEfOfgdeQX4J-8MP9WxOcItHB4PzYNlfsszua9dQSiv0r_GdTrKrOKPOBVr4aZ4R0Eu_tomHZh3IIshkEEVmISFC_lF5JBQj02AN_9wBR7LbIXaNnw6VgEMOOBi2ps8P5d-_z4jW2rKBXvKxr6IdI1X_NCXhHikJCp3lrbkvl5F7nR-XSJM2F3gydHsmb3jCKgqUZyRRfd3O5yvx5V-Z0fiAvperkzGuHRRVbhLBUvtb4wCTCUKmPdNa0w6n52A=w600-h400-no

OF COURSE this thing goes into full production right after I broke down and got a Roc3 instead. I looked for a Roc X3 for weeks.

I bag a proto-star RocX3. I haven't thrown it as much as I'd like yet, but so far it seems to be exactly what I had hoped. I love my Roc3 (1x McBeth, the only flat-top run I've ever seen), but for a long time I've wanted something that flies a little shorter and fades out a bit harder. I am extremely pleased with this mold, and I think any bag that has a Roc3 can also have a RocX3 without too much overlap.

Update after use!

Backhand I am getting the RocX3 to 85M or 275ft and will use it between 60-85M. I can trust it to fade and I can play >5M wide of the target depending on distance. On anhyzer approaches I can get a small flex and sit or flat landing but not much of this throw has been done. I trust the rocX3 more in the wind for sure. Next to the roc3 I think the RocX3 OS is a really nice compliment for when you must have it.

Forehand I am using the RocX3 as an OS approach disc between 30-60M, easy throws. It really sits in the air on a straight line and just barely fades at flights end.

I bag it between the beat champ roc3 and star whippet-x (the original x named disc)

but since mine have 4 birds on them I still think they should have called it the roc4

Loving the RocX3! I unfortunately left my Luster C-MD3 laying on a course after making a long putt at leagues (like a moron) and that was my money disc! By far the most overstable MD3 I've ever owned. In trying to replace it, I was having a very frustrating time. I had even gone to throwing a MOAB for some of those shots, but that's just a ridiculous disc.

One hole in particular is a 250' shot that ends going uphill and doglegging left. So, you have to throw a fairly high shot that has to hook up late and get around trees. Taking a little power off my MD3 was parking it and after I left it behind, I'd been resorting to putters, but they just didn't move left far enough. The RocX3 was perfect. Throw it about 75% and about 40' in the air and hit the pin two weeks in a row. Exactly what I was looking for in an overstable, but workable mid.

Latest posts