• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sacramento, ca. projects in the works

Don DiscHulk

Hi folks. i'm new to your site. so in sacramento california we are on a mission to get atleast 3 new courses installed and going by the end of summer 2011.
we got the big gibson ranch project. a pro style course currently in the design process. this will be a par 64 to a par 68 course, with an island green for hole 18. it will be a paid parking course, on about 40-45 acres. former sacramento county park, now under private management. ton's of parking, 4 split bathrooms, and ton's of drinking faucets and picnic facilities. what makes this location special, is the terrain. goes from slightly rolling hills, to lightly to moderatley heavy forest like. rivers and lakes, and more. this will be the course to play in the sacramento area.
we are also currently working on regnecy park redesign. taking out the novice 9 thats there, and depending on the design, this will be an intermediate to advanced intermediate course.
Since Schweitzer or "little africa" as it is currently referred to as, is closing as of may 1st, 2011. the carmichael park district has generously allowed the use of carmichael park, as an alternative site to play. currently a 9 hole course is in the design process.
roseville and rio linda are also in the mix for new courses, however no designs have been started yet.
This is an exciting time here in our part of northern cali.
with santa anita park opening last sept. we are currently going for the whole picture hjere in sac. from novice beginner courses like santa anita and carmichael park, to advanced pro courses like the gibson ranch project, we are on the cusp of bringing discgolf mainstream.
including the current courses in the sacramento area, this will be a great area to be a golfer in.

are you interested in volunteering your time to help out with the new courses?

If you's like to volunteer your time to help with install only, of any of the new courses, you may contact myself at [email protected] and leave your contact information. I will reply to you as soon as possible.

hell yeah... great news. Roseville and colfax need a course. Keep us updated. Make sure and come check out the new Tahoe courses this summer.

Awesome news, I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I wish I was closer so I could help out but being from Chico that's a bit too far.

I would be happy to put some time in when and if my schedule allows, PM me whenever you have a work schedule lined out. I am up in Pioneer, close to Kirkwood, but would love to be involved!

Tim

The area definetly needs it. OV nd Rocklin are always crazy busy. You guys need to catch up with up in the Tahoe area, we are up to 8 with one in the works!

Latest posts