• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sad news...

3 Frisbee Team Members Killed in Crash on Icy Highway

Three college students and members of one of the nation's top Ultimate Frisbee teams were killed when a semitrailer slammed into their SUV after it spun into the wrong lane on an icy Minnesota highway.

The accident happened around 3 p.m. Friday on Highway 3 near Northfield, the Minnesota State Patrol said in an incident report.

All three people killed were students at Carleton College, based in Northfield. The State Patrol identified the deceased as James P. Adams, 20, of St. Paul, Minn.; Paxton M. Harvieux, 21, of Stillwater, Minn.; and Michael D. Goodgame, 20, of Westport, Conn.

Two others in the SUV — driver William Sparks, 20, of Evanston, Ill., and passenger Conor Eckert, 19, of Seattle — were listed in serious condition, the State Patrol said. The college said in a news release they were in stable condition. The driver of the semi was not injured.

Eric Sieger, media relations director for Carleton College, told The Minneapolis Star-Tribune ( http://strib.mn/MCOOGJ ) the students played on the school's Ultimate Frisbee team, which finished third in the country last year.

He said officials couldn't recall another time three students at the 2,000-student school died in a single day. A prayer vigil was planned for Saturday on the campus.

Carleton President Steven G. Poskanzer released a statement Friday offering "heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the families and friends" of the three students who were killed.

"The collective Carleton soul aches for the loss of these three young men. Right now, we need to focus all our love and compassion on supporting the families and friends of all these young men, along with everyone in our community who cares for them," he said.

Thanks Hampstead. I thought that the link would have opened automatically but evidently I didn't insert it properly. Tho they were not on a DG team I know many of the forum members have a background or interest in the sport and would want to hear about it.

Prayers go out to the family, friends and schoolmates of these young men.

Not the only bad news this morning. Daniel Boe of San Diego passed away on his way home from the Memorial last night.

Sad story, hope the families and friends can find peace and happiness eventually.

Always be careful when driving in icy conditions. Getting where you are going a little late is better then never. Not in anyway saying these kids were driving at unsafe speeds cause I don't know but let's be extra safe when the conditions call for it.

Such an awful thing to happen..prayin for the families..lord knows they need it..

Latest posts