• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

You should contact them so they can tell you how it's your fault.

This is absolutley their biggest problem. They refuse to take blame. Sticking by their policies, which they have done for the replacement bags mentioned earlier in this thread, isn't that bad. Disc golfers, in general (not just on these forums) are a bunch of entitled whiners anyway.

But Salient will 100% refuse to admit fault. It's never their fault. When I was still on their Squad (which has become a total joke) I was upset that their new disc, the Cell, was going to be over a month late along with the Liquid Metal Lockjaws. Instead of even saying "yeah, **** happens" the owner of the company instead got snippy and told me to come to Carolina and stamp and QC the discs myself. Wow.

If Salient stopped making discs and just ran with shoes and bags, they'd be a lot better off, in my opinion. I don't know their sales figures but I know they aren't exactly setting the world on fire as far as that goes. The Helix, Ember and Spark are great bags and the DGX is a quality, affordable shoe.

Another way to put it: I've seen a lot of Salient bags and shoes on the course, both casual and competitive rounds. I've only seen one Salient disc, and that's my Lockjaw.

You should contact them so they can tell you how it's your fault.

I was hoping that they would show some sympathy with me seeing that i didn't even play one round with it and the zipper broke. I understand that i did not purchase the warranty, but if i bought a product at any other store and it broke on me the day i got it they would be quick to either fix it or get me a replacement. Hopefully the rest of the bag holds up better than the zipper.

This is absolutley their biggest problem. They refuse to take blame. Sticking by their policies, which they have done for the replacement bags mentioned earlier in this thread, isn't that bad. Disc golfers, in general (not just on these forums) are a bunch of entitled whiners anyway.

But Salient will 100% refuse to admit fault. It's never their fault. When I was still on their Squad (which has become a total joke) I was upset that their new disc, the Cell, was going to be over a month late along with the Liquid Metal Lockjaws. Instead of even saying "yeah, **** happens" the owner of the company instead got snippy and told me to come to Carolina and stamp and QC the discs myself. Wow.

If Salient stopped making discs and just ran with shoes and bags, they'd be a lot better off, in my opinion. I don't know their sales figures but I know they aren't exactly setting the world on fire as far as that goes. The Helix, Ember and Spark are great bags and the DGX is a quality, affordable shoe.

Another way to put it: I've seen a lot of Salient bags and shoes on the course, both casual and competitive rounds. I've only seen one Salient disc, and that's my Lockjaw.

Nice to see that you're seeing the light. I knew you had it in you.

This was just posted on Facebook feedback page.
These people don't seem to mind showing how under handed they are....if this is all true.

Regarding Salient Discs ~

About a year ago, I purchased their Helix backpack for roughly $200. At that time, the bag included a full lifetime warranty; this warranty is different from others of its kind.

For instance, the warranty has a few odd terms of service not seen in Grip's warranty.

A couple of these items include:
"
A Warranty claim will be rejected if the item in question is publicly posted on any social media or internet outlet (including Salient Discs owned marketing platforms) before and after contacting Salient directly via email.

Salient-Discs will not cover the following: (Policy for Bag Owners) -
Cigarette Smoke (our manufacturing plant is a smoke free facility and in respect for future/current customers a bag that has been exposed to cigarette smoke will not be covered under warranty as not to contaminate other smoke free bags.)
"

Last Wednesday, I sent them an email at the only address listed on their site. Calling is not an option, as it is on Grip's site.

Yesterday, a week after I sent the email, I posted a few comments on their facebook page expressing my frustration with the quality of both their product and their customer service; apparently this course of action voided my warranty. They are open Monday through Friday, and I waited 5 business days to receive no response.

If you look at the following page on their site, http://salient-discs.com/event-sponsorship-packa…/wholesale/ you'll notice that it says "Salient Discs will email you an invoice within 24 hours with payment directions."

So they can send you an invoice within 24 hours, but not a response on a warranty claim? Makes no sense to me.

When I posted these "publicly berating" comments (as they worded it), they deleted the comments and barred me from posting any more within five minutes; they sent me the following email within an hour of the posting:

"
Alex,

Please find the warranty link below. The link can also be found at the bottom footer of every page.

http://salient-discs.com/contact-us/warranty-policy/

We attempt to give customers the ability and time to follow the warranty policy as outlined and we ask the same from our customers to allow us proper time to replay to emails; however with your degrading remarks on social media we have no choice but to decline your warranty. The denial is a result of your decision to publicly berate Salient Discs which is grounds for automatic denial as outlined in the warranty process on the website.

Sincerely,
Salient Discs
"

How is it that they can respond to tell me that I've voided my warranty within an hour, but cannot respond to my warranty claim within five business days? Again... Makes no sense to me.

I'm very dissatisfied with Salient Discs; I'm not the only person they've turned down for a warranty claim either.

Their products are crap, based on the reviews others have posted and on the fact that they lowered the price of their $210 bag to $120 and dropped their unwarranted "full lifetime warranty". My zippers became separated three times, two of which I repaired it on my own; my third repair attempt ended up breaking the zipper altogether.

Even if my warranty wasn't void, there's no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't bother sending it back; not only would I have to pay return shipping (would be at least $15), I'd have to wait one to two weeks (again, that could be false information, causing an even longer lead time), and there's no guarantee that my bag would be returned with a fixed zipper due to their non-smoking facility.

It seems these people built these "loopholes" (as I call them) into their warranty terms to avoid the necessity of fixing peoples' bags they paid hundreds for; bags that were most likely manufactured for under $50.

I've found a similar bag (not nearly as nice, but less than 1/6 the price) - The Magellan - for $30. Sure, overall, it's probably not as durable, but considering the price differential, I would care less if the zipper broke 6 times. The fact of the matter is: I paid $200 for POS bag, and it's given me nothing but issues and false advertisement.
Consider this a friendly suggestion to avoid doing business with Salient Discs at all costs.

when was the salient squad not a total joke? :confused:

Theres no way that many people would willingly pay to get a discount from salient, I bet majority of those names are fakes to make the "business" more legitimate.

Aaaaaaand cue the fake DGCR members that will undoubtedly charge in to defend Salient's honor....

saw that fb post... how long has that social media clause existed? really makes you wonder if they just added that after they saw his original complaint, ridiculous either way...

Wow, I knew they always seemed to try and weasel out of warranties but never saw what the specifics were. Man, whowever wrote that is a scumbag.

Why anyone would buy salient products is beyond me after all the bs we've seen here and everywhere, just don't support them and they will fail at some point that simple.

Oh Dear God,

I don't know if anyone here is following the thread on the disc golf feedback but apparently, and the dude does have factual evidence (photographs and emails,) Salient send him a cease and desist e-mail from a FAKE LAWYER.

I would say it's unbelieviable, but hell, it's Salient...

Theres no way that many people would willingly pay to get a discount from salient, I bet majority of those names are fakes to make the "business" more legitimate.

Eh, I've seen a fair number of them out and about. For one, Ams love to look like they are sponsored, it doesn't matter who they are pretend sponsored by. Plus the discount and merch offer really was a good deal if you wanted to buy some of their products

Oh Dear God,

I don't know if anyone here is following the thread on the disc golf feedback but apparently, and the dude does have factual evidence (photographs and emails,) Salient send him a cease and desist e-mail from a FAKE LAWYER.

That is hillarious

Oh Dear God,

I hope that this is true, cuz that sounds like something they would do. And where can I find this thread

Oh Dear God,

That is so awesome hahaha

Latest posts