• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scorecard Apps in tournaments?

2s and 3s are easy to add....even 6s, 7s, and 8s.....but after some 6,500 of them in a tournament, the thought of a computer verifying them has a certain appeal.

giphy.gif

Btw: When are they switching away from red/green flags?

Just need a big thumbs up that quickly becomes a thumbs down. I think I stole that idea from someone else on DGCR.

The MLS recently had a dark green versus lime green on a green field game. Appreciated that one announcer raised the issue of colorblindness and the other one, an older man, admitted having trouble telling the teams apart.

Some of these things are rather easy to solve with purposeful, intentional, inclusive thinking.

Just need a big thumbs up that quickly becomes a thumbs down. I think I stole that idea from someone else on DGCR.

The MLS recently had a dark green versus lime green on a green field game. Appreciated that one announcer raised the issue of colorblindness and the other one, an older man, admitted having trouble telling the teams apart.

Some of these things are rather easy to solve with purposeful, intentional, inclusive thinking.

In Germany the signs are: Crossed arms (like an X) above the head means OB = red flag. Straight arms to the sides (like a T with the body) means okay = green flag. Furthermore, these signs can be used by spectators as well, as you don't need flags. No more excited waving by them and everyone's guessing if it means in or out. Seems so sensible to me ...

In Germany the signs are: Crossed arms (like an X) above the head means OB = red flag. Straight arms to the sides (like a T with the body) means okay = green flag. Furthermore, these signs can be used by spectators as well, as you don't need flags. No more excited waving by them and everyone's guessing if it means in or out. Seems so sensible to me ...

I like this.

On the other hand, thinking about the USDGC with 17 miles of rope and galleries of 5,000, I wonder if it might be hard to pick out the official, and his signals, from 500 feet away. At least with flags, we can hope that the spotter is the only one with them.

But I still like the body signals.

This inspired me to make a thing just now. It's quick and dirty:

NOVA'S SPOTTER SIGNAL GUIDE:
llpJQV4.jpg

WnAEG0V.jpg

I like this.

On the other hand, thinking about the USDGC with 17 miles of rope and galleries of 5,000, I wonder if it might be hard to pick out the official, and his signals, from 500 feet away. At least with flags, we can hope that the spotter is the only one with them.

But I still like the body signals.

You can give the officials yellow jackets ... or two same-colored flags to intensify the guesture. Simple!

This inspired me to make a thing just now. It's quick and dirty:

I actually got that not sure you decide look from a spotter at a tournament earlier this year. I turned one over really bad and went waaaaay into the poison oak jungle. He turned around gave me that. I did find the disc and almost managed par. funny memory now though.