• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] SDS Destroyers

The S/DS Destroyers, for the most part, are just some of the older Destroyer runs. Innova used to mark the star Destroyers with S/DS rather than */DS, but that has changed again. They were generally stiffer and more stable.
The newer stabilized Destroyers are molded with Star-light plastic and are usually below 170 grams in weight, but don't have any type of marking distinguishing them as such. The plastic does have a "grittier" feel though.

With First Run Protostar Destroyers, supposedly, the markings are to indicate whether it was a true first run or just a secondary run with the proto stamp.

SD markings=true first runs.
*D markings = second+ runs.

Don't quote me on that, I heard it from "that guy" at league who claims to know everything but half of what he tells you is bs.

There was a UDS Destroyer. It was the one Destroyer to rule them all. One Destroyer to find them. One Destroyer to bring them all and in the darkeness bind them. Gandalf decided that the U for "understable" was redundant, and Frodo threw a spiraling ace with it off Mount Doom into the mollten pit of Mordor to win the Vibram Open. Since that fateful day, there have only been the DS and SDS Destroyers, and the elves left Middle Earth to seek faster hyzer discs beyond the horizons explored by man.

EPIC comment. Well done sir. :thmbup:

With First Run Protostar Destroyers, supposedly, the markings are to indicate whether it was a true first run or just a secondary run with the proto stamp.

SD markings=true first runs.
*D markings = second+ runs.

Don't quote me on that, I heard it from "that guy" at league who claims to know everything but half of what he tells you is bs.

Never listen to that guy. 1st runs are *D, straight from Mark Mulnar.

So. Are there any other stableized discs? Or are just the desroyers. I have 200+ disc, and every mold I have has a *, or an s. So I must have stabelized sidewinders, stabelized firebirds, tee rexs, tee birds, wow i even have a stabelized wedge. Sweet, I even have a stabelized vulcan. Also, at mojo disc golf in milwaukee wi, we regularly see sds desroyers so I doubt they are first run. My protostar wedges are first run protos labeled s and *. I have dx wedge labeled "ed", instead of "we". Almost all first run cros are labeled "sp". I would post pics of my discs, but I cant on my phone, so I can email someone some photos if you would like to see some of these "stableized" discs.

If you would like a very overstable destroyer than just piock up an Echo Star Destroyer. The one I have is very domie, and is an absolute pig.

I agree my new Echo's are great for huge flick S shots..... When they beat in a little they bomb! I had a new Echo Destroyer that was honestly just a faster champ whippet. Echo's beat in faster than reg star plastic I think but if you want a bit more stable destroyer go with an Echo. I hear the new Avery Jenkins sig Disc mania PD2 is a champ plastic version of a new echo destroyer....

So. Are there any other stableized discs? Or are just the desroyers.

Dave started using a stabilizing process with Star plastic when he ran the first " Night Shift " discs. These included Boss's, Destroyers and Orcs, about 200 of each. I think that was 2008-2009.

Since then he has run the stabilizing process on Star Boss's and Destroyers under 170 grams.
These are called Star Light discs.
This does not apply to all the discs run, just some of them.

As stated previously, there is no way of really knowing if you go out and buy a new Star Boss @ 167 grams, whether or not it is a Star Light stabilized disc, or a normal run, nothing is marked on these discs.

You will know when you throw one though. ;)

I do know that on Star Bosses if the numbers are listed with vertical lines separating them (like this X l X l X l X) they are less stable than the ones in the boxes, but I could not tell you why

I do know that on Star Bosses if the numbers are listed with vertical lines separating them (like this X l X l X l X) they are less stable than the ones in the boxes, but I could not tell you why

LMAO !

No. :|

The markings are different for the two factories running them, Innova East , or West.

:)

well that was what an Innova player told me at Worlds this year, whether or not he had real information or that was just from his experience I don't know. I don't throw Bosses so I could care less.

I was there spectating, not playing.

Latest posts