• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sharpie art on discs?

i do basic sharpie work on most of my discs.... here are a few things i've found.
(my avatar is the logo on my destroyer)

1) use a Sharpie (not another permanent marker).- imitations rub off.

2) Microwave your disc 15-20 seconds after last finish. It seems to help set the ink.

3) Dont wipe, wash or do anything and let the ink wear into the disc itself.

4) Sharpie work looks best after it's had a few weeks (months) to wear out and leave a more subtle imprint. They look best "old and faded".

5) If it's custom (sharpie/ink) most people usually call and give them back.

6) Champion look best if you ink both sides of the plate. (esp. with diff colors - i like blue and black)

OOOOOOOOO I haven't seen this thread!!!!! I have my first ever on a Pro rhyno (floppy)....can't wait to show

Bradley Williams left one of his putters for my girlfriend to go crazy on. I think she did alright. Still haven't sent it to Brad yet.. He'll have to wait :)

resizedscf6190.jpg

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

nice job.

I'm trying to find a way to keep the ink set.

Just drew a comical grim reaper on my star wraith. Let it sit out for 24 hours, tested it, ink still moved. Put it in the microwave for 15 seconds on high, disc felt hot. Let it sit overnight again and the sharpie still moved.

I really should try dyeing :/

I work a lot with models and also car painting. I have messed with sharpie work in the past. Try using a can of spray on clear coat. I personally have airbrushed it on and have had great results. The nice thing is that you can spray on the clear coat a few times....and then take 1000 or so grit sand paper and sand out any runs, bubbles or fish eyes (from bubbles). after this, just like on a car, buff it out. Works great..nice and shiny!

I would not recommend this for putters however. It does take away any gummy feel that the putter would have had.

granted it looks a lot better when i "redye" it, but I've had this 175 pro rhyno (super floppy) forever, and it's been Simon forever. All sharpie. I go with the textured look by movin the ink around with my fingers because trying to fill in every space and get an even tone from a sharpie is impossible.

Attachments

• 100_2000.jpg
    100_2000.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 192
My daughter broke her elbow Monday night when she tripped over a chair. She got her cast yesterday morning and asked me to sign it and draw a picture (she's 5).

0112111952.jpg

She loved the pic and told me it was her favorite!

i drew on my x out valk this morning, now it looks like a serial killer/hip hop fan's walls

hierovalk.jpg

Art

I tend to doodle on my discs just to make them more fun and colorful. It can also help when looking for a lost disc. They do tend to fade over time but the good thing about that is when they do you get the chance to draw something new on them.

I repeat, suggestions for drawing on a Wizard with the normal stamp. I was definitely thinking LOTR reference.

all this sharpie talk made me draw over some faded/removed stamps. I think they look 10x with the stamp showing then just a blank disc.
picture.php
stamp was completely faded

picture.php
stamp was removed