• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaving cream design and Results

So I've done a few more dyes but I'm only gonna post my favorite 2. Anyone know a way to help the colors come out more vivid. These were both in the dye beds over night.
image-4_zpsa04fffb6.jpg
[/URL]

I like both, but have a question about this one.

Based on the tach., reading were you sitting still... or absolutely flying through a parking lot while taking that pic? :p

Maybe I should start a new trend though... "Pictures of discs while smashing down the road at redline"
Sounds like fun to me.

2. Anyone know a way to help the colors come out more vivid.

Hey Doc. Maybe mix the dye with less water so it's more concentrated. Here's a pic of my first and it came out pretty bright. I don't remember the actual mix though as I haven't tie-dye/marbled in a while.

qCflzyzl.jpg

I did this for a friend over the weekend. i still need to work on getting the right mixture of dye and shaving cream, for when I began to put the red onto the bed it set in rather than sitting on top. Not thinking I went with it anyway, then as I made the blue color it came it very nice and sat on top of the bed. Its a process and I enjoy it though.

Overall I'm happy with it

Attachments

• Fem_Shep_Before.jpg
    Fem_Shep_Before.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Fem_Shep_final.jpg
    Fem_Shep_final.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 190
I did this for a friend over the weekend. i still need to work on getting the right mixture of dye and shaving cream, for when I began to put the red onto the bed it set in rather than sitting on top. Not thinking I went with it anyway, then as I made the blue color it came it very nice and sat on top of the bed. Its a process and I enjoy it though.

Overall I'm happy with it

As long as your friend likes it, that is all that matters.

I really wanna see their new colors on some plastic. Anybody else think that the instructions for idye calls for too much water? At least for dying plastic, it's just a little dull. Does using less water actually make it brighter? All the dye doesn't even seem to dissolve with the instructed amount.

New to disc golf and new to dyeing (as well as these forums) and was hoping to get some helpful feedback on the first discs I dyed. I have read through the forums and seen a few YouTube videos on dyeing with shaving cream. Based on what I read, I prepared my dyes (a mix of iDye and Rit that I found locally) by mixing 1 tablespoon of acetone, 10 ounces of clear laundry detergent, 1 ounce of water, and 1 packet of dye. Is this the right mixture or should I be using 32 ounces of water and the dye packet?

Also, had trouble with the getting the right shaving cream/dye mix to stand on the shaving bed cream. Is there a rule of thumb?

I did a few that didn't turn out very well or much at all. One turned out better on a Champion King Cobra and I have posted (hopefully) pics of the bed and the result. I am interested in trying some more dyes but want the results to be cleaner and more interesting. Any help is greatly appreciated!
TLDR: Not great results. Help!
sf8N26b.jpg

nmc7Nu5.jpg

3Le5EQC.jpg

AvLcg3v.jpg