• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaving cream design and Results

another attempt - great results

Another attempt and well pleased with these ones. Of course, forgot to take a pic of the bed being so excited to get the discs down in it. made the bed with 100 barbesol and added no water - this made much better definition. mixed up barbesol and the dye so that was a bit more liquid, and layed that down on top. these were in for 9 hours. The black rit had some grains not mixed in all the way, so it gave it almost a granite like look, with black and red rit. the soft magnet has purple and red rit, and the blizz ape has purple rit on the back of the flight plate, made to look like paint ball splats. the dye/SC dryed out and is not super dark, but looks good.

Attachments

• IMG-20130611-00546.jpg
    IMG-20130611-00546.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 224
adding iDye Poly color intensifier

My sons and I are trying to dye some discs. We have had some mixed results, but at least we are having fun. My question is regarding the "color intensifier" packets that came with the iDye Poly. Do I add them or not? I searched the forum, but could not find this mentioned before.

My sons and I are trying to dye some discs. We have had some mixed results, but at least we are having fun. My question is regarding the "color intensifier" packets that came with the iDye Poly. Do I add them or not? I searched the forum, but could not find this mentioned before.
Don't use the color intensifier. Just throw that right in the garbage.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Is there a way to get the colors darker or more vibrant? Most of our dyes have come out pastels. I am wondering if there is too much water in the shaving cream base. It seems the discs may be sinking too fast to allow the dye to penetrate the design.

Is there a way to get the colors darker or more vibrant? Most of our dyes have come out pastels. I am wondering if there is too much water in the shaving cream base. It seems the discs may be sinking too fast to allow the dye to penetrate the design.
Trial and error. Start by mixing in more dye into your dye/cream mixture. As far as your shaving cream bed goes, you only want to mix in enough water so that it's easier to mold/scrape flat, or with the kinds of ridges you're looking for.

Lonnie I will get with you more at sand slug

also keep in mind that the type of plastic makes a difference. See mine above, the red/black was a white disc (star plastic) and the putter was yellow (pro-d plastic) the star takes really well, pro d will only take a bit and comes out pastel. i used no water in the shaving cream bed, and smoothed it out with a ruler. mixed in enough dye with SC and kept it thick as possible, and had good definition on both.

^^Just click in the IMG field on Photobucket and copy/paste directly in post.

^^Just click in the IMG field on Photobucket and copy/paste directly in post.

Thanks for putting that up. For some reason when I copy the IMG link it gives me what is in my first post. Might be my phone, it was working fine yesterday... Dunno

Ha! There we go. This was the second one. I still think the bed was a little too wet but it came out better than the first.

I used a meat injector that I cut the tip off of. It's nice cause I can fill it with color and don't have to constantly refill with every squeeze. Used a kabob skewer to move the dye around. Works great, I'm gonna do a couple more dyes tonight.

So I've done a few more dyes but I'm only gonna post my favorite 2. Anyone know a way to help the colors come out more vivid. These were both in the dye beds over night.

thanks guys. im thinking of doing a black and red one on a shock tonight. im going to mix some black in with the red to hopefully make it a darker shade. anybody know a way to make the black come out nice and dark? leave it in the shaving cream bed longer? I leave em in overnight, figured that would be long enough... maybe not?

Latest posts