• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaving cream design and Results

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever left a Champion or Z plastic disc in the shaving cream for over 24 hours and yield a better result at all? I'm leaving a champion disc sitting in dye for over 24 hours and was just curious as to how others yielded.

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever left a Champion or Z plastic disc in the shaving cream for over 24 hours and yield a better result at all? I'm leaving a champion disc sitting in dye for over 24 hours and was just curious as to how others yielded.

I left a champ disc in for 4 days (forgot it was down in the shop), but the colors didn't seem to be any brighter.
The champ plastic will only take so much dye, after that, everything else is overkill.

I left a champ disc in for 4 days (forgot it was down in the shop), but the colors didn't seem to be any brighter.
The champ plastic will only take so much dye, after that, everything else is overkill.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll probably only keep it in for a days period or so then.

Finally got around to trying this, will post pics next time I am on a PC. I used plastic plates for my 2 star discs and they did not come out nearly as nice as my neutron AMP. I am wondering if that played into how the dye spread and took.

I have attached pics. The dye colors I used were yellow, green, and purple. The Amp started white, the Leopard bright yellow, and the Stingray bright green.

Attachments

• AMP Bed.jpg
    AMP Bed.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 273
  • AMP Dye.jpg
    AMP Dye.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 335
Leopard, sorry only two pics per post.

Attachments

• Leopard Bed.jpg
    Leopard Bed.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Leopard Dye.jpg
    Leopard Dye.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 311
Stingray pics

Attachments

• Stingray Bed.jpg
    Stingray Bed.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Stingray Dye.jpg
    Stingray Dye.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 375
I finally pulled something off.

picture.php

picture.php

nice! What did you use to swirly the around?

i used this old bamboo ink tool I had from an art class a long time ago, but you could do the swirls with a lot of different tools. You could do it with the handle end of a plastic utensil if you want.

And here are two I forgot to take pics of the bed on. The flag design was a disappointment, as the Rit Pearl grey I tried to use to make clouds around the flag was too light to really show up (should have used black, as that came out dark grey on the other two discs I did before that). Also, the yellow stars I tried to put in didn't show up either. The Shock was done with Rit Black, Pearl Grey, Tan, and Navy for the spots. I tossed in a little Idye blue for an accent too. I wanted more navy than showed up, but I'm still working on the process.

Did a few more last night. MVP Neutron Plastic is sick.

Attachments

• Volt Bed.jpg
    Volt Bed.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 178
  • Volt Dye.jpg
    Volt Dye.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 272

Latest posts