• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a mixed bag today. Blue Ribbon Pines has an amazing amount of snow. Getting off the plowed paths for the fairways could be as much as hip deep snow.

The mixed bag play was all about consistency. I should not expect much more since not playing since December. I love playing in the winter, however it has been just too darn cold here.

It was a wonderful experience no matter how I played to get back out there. I grinned ear to ear the whole way through.

Hurrah for huking discs!

I probably played the best I've played all winter today. Made a couple outside-the-circle putts and had a few parked drives that turned into easy birdies. I even threw my first (unintentional) forehand snow roller! Finished my first round at around +4 (great score for me in the winter) and my second round at about a +2. Bevier Park in Waukegan, IL has the best-maintained teepads this time of year for the area, so we've pretty much only been playing there for the past month or so.

I left my normal bag in my car that my daughter took today, so scrounged together a "backup" bag from discs in the garage and shot better today with that than I did yesterday (playing Cali) with my "1st" bag...

Did pretty good today at FSU Panama City's 18 hole course. My day shot 4 birdies in a row to try and catch me but I had plenty of birdies in the round to keep him at bay. The cherry was on the 18th hole I parked it in the bushes behind the basket and managed to get a birdie on a par 4. Shot my best there so for at a 5 under par. Great day for Disc Golf.

Shot two away from my best ever at Harry Myers today. That following my worst round in recent memory at The Cedars the other day, so it felt good to be back in the groove.

Played 18 holes at Knobley Mt. Was windy again today, which definitely isn't my favorite golf weather, but I've really been wanting to play more so I just did it. It was a mixed bag for me, basically playing to my average from both the White and Green tees.

Threw a 6 on a hole I've never thrown worse than 4 on before. I had a bad tee shot. But that happens. The worst part was my bad judgement on two other shots. So totally nobody to blame but myself, not even the wind. :gross:

But I also hit my first eagle ever on the course. I nailed a 90'+, uphill, through some trees, approach on Hole #2 from the Green tee for a 2. :)

Bit of a mixed bag today. Blue Ribbon Pines has an amazing amount of snow. Getting off the plowed paths for the fairways could be as much as hip deep snow.

The mixed bag play was all about consistency. I should not expect much more since not playing since December. I love playing in the winter, however it has been just too darn cold here.

It was a wonderful experience no matter how I played to get back out there. I grinned ear to ear the whole way through.

Hurrah for huking discs!

I loves me some BRP. I was there last month and they were literally clearing the teepads and fairways one hole ahead of our group.

Miss Cities livin'...

the snow was melting, my feet were completely soaked, snow was balls-deep so i couldn't straddle putt or even push with my back foot, haha. i played terribly but it was still fun, especially when one of our guys stumbled into an extra deep patch. we nearly had to go help him get out.

putting was super consistent in the slushy crap today. scores weren't great but it was nice and warm, 42 and sunny :). really digging the g* aviar for winter golf, wicked grippy in the slop and probably gets credit for my respectable totals.

Yesterday, I won my second PDGA tourney of the year. I was down by 4 strokes going into the last round and was able to make up 5. It felt good to get a B-tier win and take home a few bills.

i played yesterday. harbin park with hole 4 being the only par 4 on the course at 720 feet. i shot a -5. hat a spit out ace and a 5 on 18. i would have shot a 7 down if i would have taken a 3 on 18. my best round there ever.

My son and I played our first A-Tier of 2014 this weekend and had a great time. He won the state championship for 16 & under and played pretty steady on a tough course. I played OK - not as good as I'm capable of and not horrible either. I had 2 real nice ace runs with a basket strike and another hit the pole right under the basket. I finished 1 stroke out of last cash in a field of 29 MM1 players(14th). Ahh well.....gotta go practice some more!

Played my first full round since the beginning of october. It was 76F outside. I shot 54(E) in breezy conditions. It was a good round!

Played a tougher course yesterday. Scored a 62. I should have scored a 58 or better, but I was trying to be a hero and jacked up some throws. All I threw all round was my Amp, and Ion. I'm loving that Amp more and more, even for most of my approach shots.

not too bad, not that great. ended up +1 at kaposia and -2 at acorn which was good. my putting was garbage; my putters get super grippy when they are wet which screws with my release on putts bigtime. the comet shone through, really helping out on long standstill approaches, parking a couple holes and generally being awesome.

played a practice round with multiple shots on each hole. my flick was absolute trash. idk what it was but wow it was embarrassing. got a good amount of road rash on my ppd. but when i played a round with my buddy my shots were a lot better. i was hitting everything. one nasty slice through the chains on a putt. some stupid mistakes and ended at +4. once the snow melts it will be birdie season!

72 degrees, sunny and calm, decided to feel real good about feeling good, and matched my personal best at the Winton Woods pitch & putt (41!) :p

Had to take the good with the bad today. I played 9 from the red tees at KMDGC. Was at par going into #7 and birdied the last three holes to finish at -3, one throw better than my average. Unfortunately, it could easily have been -6 as I missed 3 putts from inside the circle. I had to putt over or around something a bit, or from a bad stance, but they still count as misses.

I really wished that I liked to practice putting more than I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts