• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Cali league at blue ribbon lines today, shot well and had fun. It was a good day.

Played 36 holes this morning. Solo 18 at 8am where I shot -4 (seconded best score ever) and then stuck around for Sunday doubles. Played in a good group and matched up with a decent partner that picked me up on bad shots for the front nine. For the back nine we both couldn't put much together. Shot -5 as a pair for the round, which was well off of winning. Looking back on it, I probably would've shot around -2 or -3 on my own so we both contributed pretty evenly. I need to start playing more rounds this week, with a tournament coming up next weekend.

Crappy...knew I should have just slept in, as I've been running ragged lately, but it was so damn nice out that I needed to go play. Was just off, but had a few nice shots.

I played Hyland Orchard today... I think NOT drinking might've improved my score but there was an outdoor brewery bar... RIGHT THERE BEFORE THE FIRST TEE!!! and then... there it was AGAIN... en route to the 10th tee... needless to say I hit trees, my putting sucked, and I was looking for discs a few times... but I didn't lose a disc and it was a heck of a time.

I played ... interestingly? During dubs, I couldn't string together two good throws to save my life, or my team. Afterwards I went to play a different course and had some unintentional bombs and silly lucky putts. I guess if I throw enough, some of them will turn out alright.

Well I got the exact same score I did yesterday, but the course was two holes longer (but par was only 2 higher) so not terrible. Had some amazing shots including a chain out on a 379 foot ace run. Had some bad breaks (including two nasty rollaways and a terrible lie where I promptly hit the first tree in front of me) but I had fun and didn't finish DFL in a large division.

Only Bummer for the day was when we had a kid get hit by lightning on the course. Play had stopped and he was making his way back to tourney central, as advised. Good news: he is okay (even came back from the hospital for awards) with no lasting damage.

So there I was, 2 over with 6 holes left after just paring a hole I usually boge. I had three birdies already and 4 of the next 6 holes I've birdied before. My best game at the course before was +4 (I'm nothing if not inconsistent), and I was feeling pretty good. The hole I was coming up to was a short 190 ft dog leg right that I can pretty consistently get a good look at bird on. My forehand sailed high on me and I clip a tree that knocks me into the woods. I still have a lane however to save my par shot to hook around from the right. I hit the lane with my putter, leaving me with a very makeable 15 ft put. I missed. A bogie on the next hole and double bogie to follow getting stuck in the woods left me at 6 over for the day. I'm still happy with how I played though, overall. I've only ever parred 1 course in my life, I only have a chance to play about once a week most weeks, so I'm not winning any tournaments any time soon.

yesterday played Sky High course, shot a +4, which is my personal best, that course is tough. i would have been E or even under if i hadnt had got 2 doubles, but for a treacherous 27 hole course, +4 is good for me.

Played 35 (four 9's in a row)at my home course. Out of the four my best score was +2; which I believe is my personal best for ANY course I've played. All together had some beautiful drives, decent putts, and wasn't in the trees too much :)

Standing by the tee for hole 10 at Kaposia today, I got drilled square in the back of the head by someone's errant drive on 9. A star Xcal, specifically, on a 185 foot hole. I had no idea it was coming.
I'll have you know that I remained on my feet and I shed not a single tear. I finished the round though I do have a nice bump there now.

Perhaps though, I have a concussion? How else can I explain seven birdies, a six, and three fives? It was an up and down day, but I'm glad I got to play kaposia one more time before the Majestic.

thats some bull****. i almost got hit at BRP 2 days ago. some dude grip locked his throw. we werent sure if the people behind us were already throwing, but they were all chuckers and couldnt have made it the 500 ft out we were. didnt hear a fore and the disc hit first about 10 feet away from me. at least yell fore.

I could tell they didn't know the course and felt terrible. I did remind them to give a fore when they can't see where the disc is heading. Truth be told it probably would have hit my fiancé in the face had my head not been in the way, so there's that.
It was definitely an accident, he obviously wasn't a DB, and the worst was avoided, so whatever.

Played the best I have played in quite some time. Really had a great time even though I only had time for 13 holes.

Played Madeline Bertrand today there a 54 an 56 twice I'm really starting to improve my drives on accuracy. My putting is also really coming around quite satisfied with my self

I didn't play yet today... I'm still recovering from Sunday... open air bar at the beginning and mid course and a bowl of cheerios for breakfast wasn't the best combo...

therefore I went to the Dam where I lost my new bright yellow disc in the woods last Thursday and there it was 8 feet up in a grapevine covered branch... how did I ever miss it 8 feet up surrounded by big green leaves tinted yellow as the sun set? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.