• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sockibomb

Sockibomb

• Total voters
Depends on usage. Sockibomb is OK by itself. But if you go with the whole Ricky 'Sockibomb' Wysocki thing, it's too much.

Depends on usage. Sockibomb is OK by itself. But if you go with the whole Ricky 'Sockibomb' Wysocki thing, it's too much.
Its less redundant than Ricky 'Why so sucky' Wysocki. Personally I refer to him as 3Boob (for his PDGA number, not any surplus of nipples).

I think all of this nickname branding in disc golf is very cringe worthy. It makes sense in stuff like pro gaming where your identity is tied to your player handle, but it pretty much ends there.

Sockibomb is lame AF. As far as the logo, whoever developed it did damn fine with what they were given. It's clean, readable and aggressive without being over the top. Then you get back to, Sockibomb is lame AF.

I think all of this nickname branding in disc golf is very cringe worthy. It makes sense in stuff like pro gaming where your identity is tied to your player handle, but it pretty much ends there.

So you're saying I shouldn't style myself as No.Va? :p

I know it's not an actual nickname per se and he doesn't have a logo but Zack Melton as mountain Bob Ross is pretty hilarious and fitting. Seems like a good guy too.

His move to Innova would have been a good opportunity to separate from the 'SockiBomb' name. I think it's turrible. His game is enough to sell plastic. You don't need a wild nickname or an extroverted personality to market yourself. I remember so many Air Jordan commercials back in the day where Mike wouldn't say a word. Everyone associated his brand with excellence in the game & that was enough.

As far as nicknames go...there's definitely worse in DG...like CoolDaddySlickBreeze...give me a break. Sockibomb's not awful...not great either.