• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Stable sidearm putter

DGchamp

Par Member
I'm looking for a straightish putter to teach me how to sidearm effectively. I don't want a bead, they're not comfortable for my sidearm grip. I'm looking to be able to drive and approach with it.
I have a dagger and a soft magnet, of these the magnet sidearms best.
I will probably backhand it to if that makes any difference.
I am considering maybe a Proxy, Colt or Pa4, maybe a P1 or P2
I currently sidearm a my magnet to 190' and my beat dx Valkyrie to 240'.

Please reccomend.

colt seems like it would flick really well, at least grip wise.
I use a pro D zone myself, but that's a very fast putter.

I'm looking for a straightish putter to teach me how to sidearm effectively. I don't want a bead, they're not comfortable for my sidearm grip. I'm looking to be able to drive and approach with it.
I have a dagger and a soft magnet, of these the magnet sidearms best.
I will probably backhand it to if that makes any difference.
I am considering maybe a Proxy, Colt or Pa4, maybe a P1 or P2
I currently sidearm a my magnet to 190' and my beat dx Valkyrie to 240'.

Please reccomend.

The Colt has a bit of a bead, but it forehand flicks for me VERY nicely. Straight as an arrow, and all I'm doing is flicking my wrist to get it spinning. I forehand flick it when I'm behind a tree and need to get out of jail. The Colt is also a devastating approach/upshot weapon for backhand.

My 13 year old, that basically only throws forehand, LOVES the Innova Whale for a good flick putter. He has amazing snap and Never turns the Whale over....

I've been trying a few lately. Love to sidearm putt.

Atom- Grabs chains great. Slightly understable at distance.

Envy- Lot of bounce outs and sails way far if you miss.

R-pro Rhyno- Throws like a brick. Did not like.

Champ Rhyno- Lot of bounce outs. Better for short up shots.

Chief- Grabs chains great. Gets beat up fast.

X Banger GT- Deep lip but grabs chains great.

Using the Atom for close work and chief for outside the circle.

Just picked up a OS Chief and gonna give it a try.

You don't like a bead? Try the yikun Gui great FH putter slightly OS but not like a Scale or Rhino.

Great little approach disc, and it can take some power as well.

If your magnet is working for you, there's no reason to change it.

That said, I've had decent success with Pures and Proxies. They're both on the faster end of the putter spectrum and are more forgiving than the slower molds.

Everybody recommending Zones didn't read your post. I can flick them and make them go straight, but I really have to hit my release angles correctly, and their overstability will mask a lot of form flaws effectively negating the effort you're making to develop a clean forehand.

Honestly the chief is great for this shot. I personally throw a shaman for this shot but it might not be as stable as you like. If you are trying to learn good form though the shaman is better imo. I also love the xd and it is very close in flight to the shaman. Don't count out the beat Pro D Zone they beat in fast out of the box and are only slightly OS after a few rounds. I throw my zone on almost any shot under 300 ft. A zone or XD probably get thrown for about 70% of all my shots.

A friend putts forehand exclusively... well he forehands every shot, but his putt is amazing. I've seen him throw Aviars, as well as Whales with success. He also swears by the Aero for upshots and in windy conditions.

RDG Serpent would be my first choice, but I'm crazy about that Fossil plastic. Very easy to range and holds lines well. Its like an over stable putter without the dump fade.

I love beads, so for me the Scale takes the cake. I also Forehand Wizards if I want a little glide.

Axiom Envy could also be a good choice. Not too OS, but the HSS will let you know if you are throwing clean, at least they do for me.

S-line p2, I love it for flicks and my buddy with a great forehand tried it on some 100-200 footers and it flew great. Found a red champystar one that's super nice!

Latest posts