• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

State of Disc Golf 2014

Bullsh*t. I'm sure you do like a bunch of companies. But I know d*mn well you like one more than you like the others. The question was, which one?

I started the survey, but couldn't finish. I don't have a favorite manufacturer. I like different ones for different reasons.
^
As soon as a saw those questions, I clicked the X in the upper right hand corner of my browser. Those poll questions are emblematic about what's wrong with so many of the bad poll questions I've seen on this site over the last five years.

I don't know why some people think that one's input about a broad subject can be pigeonholed into multiple choice responses. Its but impossible when you don't give them the proper pigeonhole.

Also, Trilogy is not a brand.

:clap:
:thmbup::thmbup:

survey is alright in my book now....haha. I really hate the Trilogy thing...especially since there are TWO of them currently.

would have been nice to have a list of the discs released in 2013...I am not really sure what was....the Prodigy end is easy and DD is too, but everything else I am not sure. I think I own 28-30 of the new molds.

^
As soon as a saw those questions, I clicked the X in the upper right hand corner of my browser. Those poll questions are emblematic about what's wrong with so many of the bad poll questions I've seen on this site over the last five years.

I don't know why some people think that one's input about a broad subject can be pigeonholed into multiple choice responses. Its but impossible when you don't give them the proper pigeonhole.

because its a whole lot easier to calculate multiple choice questions. they provide a comment section were you could have explained yourself in that manner.
but i do agree, multiple choice is stupid and forcing people to choose one or not move on is stupid. they should've had an answer for that like "multiple" or "more than 1" something along those lines. instead this way they can make a skewed definitive statement about which one is liked better in the internet community. not really providing any real worth to anything besides attention for themselves. i have always prefered surveys that have a comment section for each question...but those are rare as heck!

Last edited:
DISCS APPROVED in 2013
Disc Golf Association Proline Breaker
Discmania MD3 - Midrange Driver
Discmania P3 - Putt & Approach
Discraft Crank
Discraft Mantis (Ace Race 2013)
DMI Sports Assault
DMI Sports Sabotage
DMI Sports Vendetta
Dynamic Discs Renegade
Dynamic Discs Suspect
Dynamic Discs Truth
Dynamic Discs Verdict
Dynamic Discs Warden
Eurodisc Delivery Organic
Eurodisc Transition Organic
Eurodisc Transporter Organic
Gateway Disc Sports Mystic (retooled)
Gateway Disc Sports Rage (retooled)
Innova-Champion Discs Atlas
Innova-Champion Discs Foxbat
Innova-Champion Discs Nova
Kastaplast Rask
Latitude 64 Fury
Latitude 64 Jade
Latitude 64 Mace
Latitude 64 Saint Pro
Latitude 64 Stiletto
Legacy Discs Bandit
Legacy Discs Gauge
Legacy Discs Mongoose
Millennium Golf Discs Mortar
Millennium Golf Discs Omega SuperSoft Putter Big Bead
Millennium Golf Discs Tank - Panzer
MVP Disc Sports Resistor
MVP Disc Sports Servo
MVP Disc Sports Shock
MVP Disc Sports Tangent
MVP Disc Sports Tensor
Prodigy D1
Prodigy D2
Prodigy D3
Prodigy D4
Prodigy D5
Prodigy D5 (retooled)
Prodigy F1
Prodigy F2
Prodigy F3
Prodigy F5
Prodigy F7
Prodigy M1
Prodigy M2 (originally the M3)
Prodigy M3 (originally the M2)
Prodigy M4
Prodigy PA1
Prodigy PA2
Prodigy PA4
Prodiscus Laseri
Salient Discs Antidote
Salient Discs Prometheus
UB Disc Golf Hand Candy - Procul
Vibram O-Lace
Vibram unLace
Westside Golf Discs Giant VIP Air (VIP Air Vipunen1)
Westside Golf Discs Harp (Kannel1)
Westside Golf Discs Hatchet (Sotakipves1)
Westside Golf Discs Sorcerer (Tietäjä1)
Westside Golf Discs Stag VIP Air (VIP Air Hiiden Hirvi1)
Westside Golf Discs Sword VIP Air (VIP Air Kalevan Miekka1)
Westside Golf Discs Warship VIP Air (VIP Air Pursi1)
Westside Golf Discs World (Maailma1)
Yikun Sports 135G UltiPro Junior Ultimate disc
Yikun Sports 150G WaKa Freestyle Disc
Yikun Sports 175G UltiPro Ultimate Disc
Yikun Sports View
Yikun Sports Yao

There were also probably a number of discs approved in late 2012 that people didn't get their hands on until 2013. The original four DD molds come to mind.

those 4 were available and released before xmas 2012.

those 4 were available and released before xmas 2012.
December 7, 2012 to be exact. Anything after November 15th I'd consider "late". The original Prodigy foursome was approved on January 1. How many people had them by the end of the month?

Thing is people generally don't go out and buy something right after the approval date, and in many cases they can't buy it locally because their vendors don't have it in stock yet. For purposes of the poll, it would make more sense to put late 2012 discs in and keep late 2013 ones out until next year.

oh i understand your point and actually agree with you on it. and I would move that date to more like beginning of november should be considered apart of 2013. alot of peoples "seasons" end there when the snow starts.

i based my response off of what they asked for, discs released in 2013 not approved.

Innova/Discmania/Millennium

and lets not forget this Trilogy predates the Lat64 trilogy by several years. and the original trilogy is Innova/Ching/Millennium anyway.

Latest posts