• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Summit

Terrible disc. Will not hesitate to roll away from the basket as far as it can. Even softs roll away. Send these unwanted, godawful medium Summits (172 or higher) to me for proper disposal.

I picked the Summit as my putter in the Birdie Bash last March, and was won over instantly by the way it feels in the hand; I love the shallow rim.

It literally took me all spring and summer to dial it in, but I am starting to make some pretty sweet putts with it now.

bought a couple summits in my recent putter shakeup.

yes. the perfect finesse approach disc and long putter. it saved me at least 3 strokes today, hitting tricky lines none of my other discs could have at short range. i struggle to throw good finesse anny lines with stable discs and this thing just gives me the extra little help i need at short distances when i need it to turn over and weave through things. also now that i've developed a good strong putt, these things are little basket seekers from pretty damn far away.

New discovery for me and loving it ... I never liked driving with putters but this thing is a Very drivable putter and workable. I get slight right tracking on average 250 ft pull. It's not floppy, but wonderfully under stable . Rim is shallow enough to release cleanly, yet feel like a putter when putting. Holds an effortless anny line when you want it. It also releases super clean when putting. Got a 300 ft down wind drive with it today, but flawless at around 250 in calm conditions for me. Never thought I would be using a putter off the tee.......but I am now!:D. Pegged the bogie bell (metal ring at top of basket that usually means a bogie if I ring it whit a putter) from 150 on first day in the bag. Won't be long before it gets chains.

Yes, this is a great putter! I can drive with it nicely off-the-tee. I want to dial-in some of my lighter Summits for rollers, but I need more practice. Also, need more practice shaping lines with this.

Yes, this is a great putter! I can drive with it nicely off-the-tee. I want to dial-in some of my lighter Summits for rollers, but I need more practice. Also, need more practice shaping lines with this.

I did try few fh rollers yesterday. It rolls decent and does try to lay down on its top too quickly. My summit is firm. A medium or soft, in warm weather , is too soft and it's looses too much energy on impact with Mother Earth. My firm in 166 has a lot more glide than 173 medium. At 70 degrees, the medium got too soft for my lob style of putting.

I did try few fh rollers yesterday. It rolls decent and does try to lay down on its top too quickly. My summit is firm. A medium or soft, in warm weather , is too soft and it's looses too much energy on impact with Mother Earth. My firm in 166 has a lot more glide than 173 medium. At 70 degrees, the medium got too soft for my lob style of putting.

Took me a little while to get the hang of rollers with the unlace though too.

In Minnesota, there's only 2 months of the year hot enough to make X-Link softer, so seldom do I have that problem.

I can use the Summit for lob putting, but I use it mostly for approaches. With more practice, I will hopefully be able to shape lines with it, with my throw style of putting.

Terrible disc. Will not hesitate to roll away from the basket as far as it can. Even softs roll away. Send these unwanted, godawful medium Summits (172 or higher) to me for proper disposal.

I have one I was going to donate to your cause, but you didn't let me know you were playing DG 2 miles from my house. So now, after all this love, maybe I'll just use the disc instead. :cool:

I have one I was going to donate to your cause, but you didn't let me know you were playing DG 2 miles from my house. So now, after all this love, maybe I'll just use the disc instead. :cool:

I would. It's a throw putter, for sure. Doesn't glide as much as the Sole, which Vibram's traditional putter. None of the flat-top putters from Vibram glide a ton, but the Summit has considerable turn, making it a straight flyer at low speeds and for those right-turning runs at the basket.

Hhhhmm, when monsoon season stops here I may give it a test drive or two.

Always reminded me of a catch disc in how it flies. Obviously faster but a great putter for people to learn to throw IMO as it is a bit touchy to drive far but that's not a bad thing very "comet"-esqe in that sense. Hates torque but flies far and straight when thrown cleanly.

Been wanting a soft actually for catch.

Always reminded me of a catch disc in how it flies. Obviously faster but a great putter for people to learn to throw IMO as it is a bit touchy to drive far but that's not a bad thing very "comet"-esqe in that sense. Hates torque but flies far and straight when thrown cleanly.

Been wanting a soft actually for catch.

I agree with this. I have used it for warmups, and now it is my main approach disc. I pulled my Rattler after using a 153 medium last year and got a 170 this winter. Loving it, and it is very Comet-esque

Threw it today. Straighter than I thought off the tee, but I was assuming big US abilities, and gave it mucho hyzer. Where my beat in Opto Pure would gently turn the Summit would go straight and fade gently. Only a few throws so still learning. I will take brotherdave's disc to the mountains this weekend and use it more. Seems like it could be good, but probably overlaps with my Pure too much. Hoping for an ace so I can sign it, and then give it to brotherdave. :p

I don't love them for throwing (they're good for Vibram putters) but they're pretty good approach discs. Really comfy to fan grip and run the basket with. Vibram stuff doesn't glide as well so you can be more aggressive attacking the basket and sometimes that can be helpful as a confidence booster.

If they catch edge, they will roll far, far away. You have been warned.

Ugh. My Swans like to hit and flop. Much better for running at baskets. Well, Ashe, Harmon, Sugaree and maybe Wildcat and Blackjack ought to give it a rolling chance. I might pay you to take it in a few days.

I don't love them for throwing (they're good for Vibram putters) but they're pretty good approach discs. Really comfy to fan grip and run the basket with. Vibram stuff doesn't glide as well so you can be more aggressive attacking the basket and sometimes that can be helpful as a confidence booster.

If they catch edge, they will roll far, far away. You have been warned.

Haven't discovered how to throw this one on a roller yet... will keep trying.

Played 46 holes of dg today and the summit performed well for me. Hit a 125 ft throw in with it today. Starting to get a feel it as a putter also. Fun to throw on shorter holes around 200. Great upshot disc. Holds any lines with ease....... I have played three rounds with this putter and loving it more and more.

Latest posts