• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Summit

I picked up a Summit at Killer B last weekend because they didn't have any Pures, and dang am I loving it so far. It's a 175 firm and will hold the main line I bought it for, the understable anny line, perfectly. It also seems like it will be a great pair with my Envy for upshots; I can pull the Summit out when the stance is awkward or I need less power on the throw without having a dumpy finish. Really loving it so far

I picked up a Summit at Killer B last weekend because they didn't have any Pures, and dang am I loving it so far. It's a 175 firm and will hold the main line I bought it for, the understable anny line, perfectly. It also seems like it will be a great pair with my Envy for upshots; I can pull the Summit out when the stance is awkward or I need less power on the throw without having a dumpy finish. Really loving it so far

Glad to hear it! That's what a lot of people on here like the Summit for! I've enjoyed learning how to play with the Summit. Right now, I am honing my releases on putts inside the circle with the Ridge, Summit, and VP. Trying to get it down to a science! With little to no variation each time... all about timing!

I mainly use my summits for putting, but I do throw on some upshots. Where they really shine for me is either:
- Those 1/2 in a bush awkward stance shots where you need it to hold an anny to the ground. They do this so beautifully.
- Reach out flick shots that need to go straight then turnover. Bit of a hyzer to flip up and its $$$.

They also do well at other more typical approach duties, but those 2 roles they seem to do much better than any other putters I've tried.

If anyones got any Glow Summits out there, check out my FSOT thread... I'm looking for a couple!

If anyones got any Glow Summits out there, check out my FSOT thread... I'm looking for a couple!

I have one....but its my precious....

I really wish vibram would release glow discs more often. I love the feel of the glow (slightly softer than medium).

I have one....but its my precious....

I really wish vibram would release glow discs more often. I love the feel of the glow (slightly softer than medium).

Agreed...I love my glows and have never even played a glow round with them. The rubber is about the perfect sweet spot between medium and soft...great grip on them.

Whenever I throw my Summit, I get a lot of oohs and aahs, because people appreciate the line-shaping abilities I have with it. Makes those shorter holes interesting!

Just keep rubbing it in, y'all, about how sweet your glows are...
:)

I usually only like to throw my firm summit off of te tee and use my medium strictly for putting, but I stopped at a course I've never played (small course) and realized I forgot the firm. Most of the holes were very short so I used the medium summit most of the round. It's a 175 and the annys this thing holds are amazing! If thrown harder it flips too! I think my next disc will be a soft summit.

I dont anymore but did for a while. Flies like a summit with the firmness of a pancake. Still have one soft and medium in the practice basket. Never found much difference in stability across firmness of same weight. Lighter ones have crazzzy glide and dont handle the same driving power on a hyzer flip. I like heavy weight understable molds in general though.

Thanks for the reply!
I'm thinking a soft would be nice for longer putts since they are more likely to just hit the ground and stop.

Thanks for the reply!
I'm thinking a soft would be nice for longer putts since they are more likely to just hit the ground and stop.

If you're choosing your putter based on what it will do when you miss, you've already lost. Putt with the putter that gives you the cleanest release and most consistent lines and the extra made putts will vastly outnumber the extra rollaways

Knowing that if I miss it will stay where it lands would give me the confidence of aiming straight for the basket on a very long putt rather than playing it safe and laying it up.

I've enjoyed line-shaping with the Summit, but it's never been more than a practice disc for me until recently when I went with a nicely seasoned medium of a lighter weight. The summer conditions in MN don't lend themselves to a great deal of wind, so I haven't been disappointed with the Summit. The VP is my main putter... I also like to use a lighter weight.

Summit as a driver requires a lot of finesse. The lighter you go, that becomes increasingly true. It does have pretty decent glide for a putter, though.

To answer your question, I prefer a heavy one for driving, but really I don't drive much with my Summit.

I used to use a 168 Summit for all my putting duties, and started driving with putters with this disc. I replaced it with a 173 that had just an extra tick of stability that made it more workable for distance shots. It was still understable, but not as squirrelly.

Latest posts