• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Super slow discs that you can throw hard?

For backhand approach shots it's the Berg all day!! Quickly became a staple in my bag, and you can crank on it without turning it over, but also doesn't fade too hard. For forehand shots the Zone is "old reliable" in my bag. Very overstable and I love the flex lines I can form with it!

Ok I'm gathering that a lot of you haven't thrown a max weight condor.

Yes there really is a speed zero disc heavy and stable enough to rip on. You can put full force into it and not get over 300. And yes, it's also a great warmup / catch disc. It flies like a giant sloooow roc.

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/blizzard-champion-condor.html

Harp is not a slow disc. It's almost a midrange. I guess that would be great for catch if you didn't mind a challenge and a few sprained fingers.

If you want something that satisfies the ranging aspect at least as well as the condor but isn't as slow, catchable, or controllable / versatile, then the Harp, Stego suggestions are great. And if all you want is ranging ima throw the Justice in the ring too. That thing will just fall out of the sky at 200'.

While I think more people should be throwing the condor, it really doesn't quite fit this description. I throw my beat in champ 325' full power. Condor falls more in the category of good approach disc that runs the basket and still lands close if you miss, but takes some ranging skills by varying the power.

OP, I've spent time looking for the same thing last year. I found it, and my approach game went to crap because of it. I suggest sticking with what you've got and learning how to finesse, maybe learn a forehand approach if you haven't. I've found FH'ing my condors is very easy to range.

Latest posts