• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Super stable 11x Eagle

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
I recently bought a gorgeous 11x Eagle X-mold thrower and I think it wants to be a Firebird. It's rediculously stable. I was wondering if it's just me, or if I got a rarity in Eagle molds. I've got a few Eagle-L molds and they flip over nicely, but I thought the x mold would at least just flip straight, hold a line, and hyzer out.... Any insight?

The flatter 11x Eagle-X's are like that when they're new. That's the reason some people look for the older Eagles. The newer ones will flip flat and hyzer as you describe.

Most of the 11x eagles I've owned are like that. I prefer them in the mid 160s as they're easier to throw. The max weight ones are very overstable.

Okay, cool so I'm not crazy...haha Notroman, you mentioned newer ones flipping up flat and hyzering out? The new-new ones? or some molds specifically? Looking for champ preferably if that makes a difference.

Just any of the 12x molds. Any Eagle-x you buy off the shelf now (with the exception of the limited run circle stamps) is going to fly like you want.

I have owned many eagles over the years now. This is what I felt stability wise they were

10x taffy kc pro eagle
11x champion eagle x
CE Eagle X
12x Champion eagle x
CE eagle L

The 10x ce/kc pro taffy eagles are straight up meathooks, great sidearm discs. The 11x champion eagles I have had are really really consistant and stable as well. The 12x I have has been used as a hyzer spike disc for a long time now so it flips up and turns some and hyzers.

Way back in the day I bought a dayglow 10x eagle because my 10x teebird was beating in and wanted to try something a bit different. It was pretty much unthrowable for me backhand, and became my forehand/overhand utility disc. Had 2 aces with it and somebody walked off with it at the course. The few 11x eagles I've thrown were meathooks also.

This is exactly why people buy fresh 11X-EX's, you know what your getting.
Its a longer 11X Gazelle, always well behaved, and predictable in a headwind.

A Star Eagle X would be closer to a straighter 11X-EL.

A Star Eagle X would be closer to a straighter 11X-EL.

I'm not sure I can agree with this statement^.

I'd say a new star eagle x thrown into a 10mph headwind would be closer in flight to a straighter (straighter meaning seasoned) 11x EL thrown in a 10mph tailwind.

I'd also say, a beat star eagle x would be closer to a lightly seasoned 11x EL in that I wouldn't trust either into a 10mph headwind without a fair amount of hyzer.

I would not say that a new Star Eagle X (which will not flip in moderate 10-15mph headwind) is closer to straighter (meaning seasoned) 11x EL, which I would not trust to throw into a headwind over 10mph.

I've noticed the same thing. I've got an 11x KC Pro EL and it's pretty flippy. On the other hand the 11x Champion EX that I have is like a mini firebird, and it's 166g and pretty gummy. I've thrown a few that were low 170s that were super overstable. I love the EX. Super predictable.

Latest posts