• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Taking at trip to CT

discdad

Bogey Member
I see there are few good courses in the CT area (as opposed to the multitude of courses in the Charlotte NC area. not a jab at CT, just fact), but I am heading to my hometown or Southbury CT this weekend and want to play SOMEWHERE. Looks like hop brook park is the closest, but definitely not very well rated. anyone from up that way know the good places to play? anyone want to throw a round this Saturday while I'm there?

Yup, this is probably your best option. If you're willing to drive a bit, Wickham Park is another awesome course.

I've heard good things about Page Park too.

ohh, Page Park isn't bad. I guess it's up to my brother in law, as he'd be the one driving me there since I'm flying in, but that looks lots better than hop brook park just based on the reviews and pics.

Hop is an "incompleted 10-12 holes" that not really maintained - although 'tis the closest to Southbury.
Panthorn is actually DRY now (and a decent course).
Page is also a nice, close course.
Wickham and Cranbury (in opposite directions from each other regarding where you'll be) are a 'step up' but are also 1hr away (each).

Karl

Page is a good option, i havent played the others discussed

Wickham is the funner course with some really fun downhill throws.....Cranberry imo was a tad bit overrated and the dogs and dogwalkers made me a bit uptight throughout my round there

thanks. as this trip is nearing, it is going to be me and one, possibly two, guys new to the sport. I know the only PIAS in CT are in Southington, so maybe that's where we're going to stock them up on discs, but what is the beginner freindliness of the area courses? I don't want to take them out for 4 hours of hunting for plastic in the undergrowth, I'd rather they had a good time instead. I've been too long away from CT, and didn't even know this sport existed until I moved to Charlotte NC anyways, to know where the good courses are, and I never go by the course reviews after two awful trips to area NC courses that rated decent but were shyte.

Veteran's Park in Bridgeport is one of my favorite courses anywhere. Good variety, challenging but not unfair or overly long, in a nice wooded park setting.

Latest posts