• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Disc Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
in a pyramid, yes. all pyramids are MLM but not all MLM's are pyramids.

the difference is if they are (actively) selling a product. in this case, an all inclusive $50 cell plan is pretty good and they are piggybacking off TMobile so it's looks legit on the surface.

After reading your response, I decided to read a little deeper into it and think about it a bit harder and I have now come to the conclusion that calling this an MLM is doing a disservice to MLM's. This is a straight up pyramid scheme.

The key is this piece of information:

But White said the "genius" of Solavei is the marketing arm, which allows customers to earn $20 per month on every three mobile-service members that they or someone in their personal network adds to Solavei

They key phrase here is "or someone in their personal network." This means that as more and more people sign up, those at the top of the pyramid are double, triple, quadruple dipping into the $49 per month fee to pay the people above.

Let me explain a bit further for anyone who isn't following:

Let's say I join Solavei. I get 3 people to sign up under me, people A, B, and C. I now receive $20 per month because I signed up a trio. This means that out of the $49 that person A pays for service, $6.67 of it is paying me (1/3 of $20).

Now, lets say that person A signs up 3 people, people D, E, and F. Out of the $49 that Person D pays per month, $6.67 is going to person A and ANOTHER $6.67 is going to me since someone in my personal network signed them up. So now, $13.34 out of $49 is paying the people above them.

If you continue to extrapolate this out, this will very quickly eat up the entire profit that Solavei is making off of person D. Essentially, Solavei will lose money on every single person that signs up, and after a while they will be losing HUGE money.

The reason they remain in business is because they can continue to pay the people at the top of the chain as if nothing is wrong due to the constant influx of new customers at the bottom paying their $49 startup fee.

Without warning, the influx of new customers will one day be too small to pay the people at the top and the company will fold. The people at the top will be rich, and the people below will be left with nothing but a worthless phone and broken promises/dreams/relationships

I got a 30% off a pair of skis. Imma take that grow disc golf!

I want 30% off skiis!

What you should do is go back to the store and tell them you're gonna send a buyer interested in saving money off skiis....but it'll cost them a few bucks.

They will probably give you the extra bucks from my purchase, but thats okay becuz I'm supporting you, and you are supporting discgolf. We all win!

Then, I'll tell some of my friends/family/whomever about this deal, and ask the store for a few bucks for each buyer I send over.

My extra money will come from them, but thats okay becuz its a great deal, we all like saving money and we're supporting discgolf.

And maybe my friends/family can get other buyers to reduce the cost of their skiis just like I did.

And since you introduced me to this great deal, you should get a cut of whatever I'm getting from my friends/family/whomever. And if my friends/family/whomever make some money from selling to their friends/family, well of course you and I should get some of that as well.

And next year, we'll do it again.

I love you guys

I see more negative comments and no missed calls. Thank you to those who got my back.....
-FACTS
Verizon = $200.00 per month
Solavei = $50.00 per month

>Does Verizon send paychecks to customers that refer a few friends to save money ? No

>Does Solavei send paychecks to customers that refer a few friends ? Yes

>Is Verizon Knocking on the door of the Disc Golf Community to possibly sponsor a tournament or donate a few prizes? Not that I have heard of yet.

> Does ATT or other cell companies have a system that could potentially donate discs or anything to Disc Golf?

> Could TeamDiscMobile donate discs, baskets or other disc gear ? Yes would love this opportunity.

If you have a better plan to get others involved in saving money let me know by email or phone. Obviously some of you may not see the big picture or even the light of day lol. You must be doing your disc golf on the Wii so you can keep up with the chaos on this forum. I'm honestly very passionate about growing Disc Golf. This Team DiscMobile thing is just one project inside the DiscGolfExpansion. Other plans involve the National DiscGolf League, The EyeHeartDiscGolf Foundation plus Brands such as ThrowLove and FlyLifeDiscGolf...

Have you ever heard the saying,

"If it sounds too good to be true...."

Seriously though.... Why would I support a cellphone company for disc golf? I don't want people on their phones during the round. Lol. I keep my phone on me, yes, but only for emergencies or if I'm playing solo. Lol

Facts, T Mobile Is Not LTE, Nor Do I Pay Near $200 For Two Lines On Verizon...

My job pays for my phone so i'm not going for it. Let us in on the other projects, i'm curious about them.

-FACTS
Verizon = $200.00 per month
Solavei = $50.00 per month

Fact huh???? Hmmm...I think I am even more turned off now.

fwiw...i pay $72 a month (after all the fees) for Unlimited Everything from Verizon and have near full coverage 99% of the places I travel to. And when I am deep in the woods in the middle of nowhere I am confident my phone will work if needed.

But apparently according to you they have been secretly charging me $128 additional dollars without my knowledge all these years. Cause of course according to you that is a "FACT"

Fact huh???? Hmmm...I think I am even more turned off now.

fwiw...i pay $72 a month (after all the fees) for Unlimited Everything from Verizon and have near full coverage 99% of the places I travel to. And when I am deep in the woods in the middle of nowhere I am confident my phone will work if needed.

But apparently according to you they have been secretly charging me $128 additional dollars without my knowledge all these years. Cause of course according to you that is a "FACT"

In correct facts on a list of facts make me question the other 'facts'. Better check with verizon about getting the refund for the 128$ a month :p Unless you like your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts