• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird preference - flat vs domey?

Burrito

Birdie Member
I've got all types, but I find I really love flat star Teebirds. I find I get a more stable and what feels like a straighter flight out of them. A domey teebird feels like a totally different disc to me.

Domey champs...blah.

What's your preference?

I have 2 white domey 175 star teebirds that are really overstable compared to any other teebirds I've thrown..... I have yet to try an 11x champ teebird.... I am interested in the echo star teebird but have not heard from anyone who throws it. So far domey gets my vote because it's the only type I have thrown.

I have a pearly yellow 12x Champion Teebird that's really domey. It's the only one I've thrown so I dunno if I'll like flat ones better.

Domie champs yummy yummy:thmbup:

Yeah, the disc is stable, but worth the stability when trying to put power or good snap on the disc. They work well in the wind too.

but I am sure the flat star ones are much easier to control.

in the middle!! dome like a 11x KC Pro, or 11x CA/Cal

neither flat nor domey. if i had to choose one extreme i would go with flat.

Are the Star Teebirds, as a whole, pretty flat? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 150 and 175 Star Teebird.

Are the Star Teebirds, as a whole, pretty flat? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 150 and 175 Star Teebird.

Normally fairly flat.

Unless you go with the echostars they tend to dome up more.

I know all my orange star teebirds were really flat.

Domie champs yummy yummy:thmbup:

Yeah, the disc is stable, but worth the stability when trying to put power or good snap on the disc. They work well in the wind too.

That's funny...I find my domey champs to be quite a bit less stable than flat stars in lighter weight. Maybe it's just my few.

That's funny...I find my domey champs to be quite a bit less stable than flat stars in lighter weight. Maybe it's just my few.

No, you're spot on. I own probably 40 TB in every premium plastic imaginable (11x and newer), and have found that the flat ones are always more stable than the domey. Granted, a domey TB is still fairly stable but some of the super flat 11x 150 class pearlies are almost meathooks.

No, you're spot on. I own probably 40 TB in every premium plastic imaginable (11x and newer), and have found that the flat ones are always more stable than the domey. Granted, a domey TB is still fairly stable but some of the super flat 11x 150 class pearlies are almost meathooks.

Not to pick on Mr. Plow, but I'm just going to throw out there that the phrase "more stable" would imply that they are more apt to going dead straight. I know this was used like ten times this thread where people actually mean "more overstable" and figured I'd just toss it out there that the two phrases are not equivalent :D

Not to pick on Mr. Plow, but I'm just going to throw out there that the phrase "more stable" would imply that they are more apt to going dead straight. I know this was used like ten times this thread where people actually mean "more overstable" and figured I'd just toss it out there that the two phrases are not equivalent :D

173965d1273647601-can-22-rims-fit-on-a-1992-sc400-stewie-gun-mouth.jpg

Latest posts