• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Best Challenger Plastic

What type of Challenger is the best

• Total voters

Ty_Ty

Birdie Member
I have read several forums about the Challenger now its time to put it to a poll.
Post which type of Challenger you love to use the most and why.

I have a coulpe FLX Challengers and love the disc for Putting and long approachers. The only problem is when the temps are very hot with high humidity, the disc become extra floppy.

I hope to test an X and would really love to get a Z

Thanks for the time.

I have 2 soft eliteX's and I really like them. They aren't too soft like a soft magnet I had back in the day though. I'm wanting to get a nice stiff pro-D too to try it out. I was looking at a FLX or cryztal for driving, but I think I'm gonna stick to my ions as my driving putters.

I've got two black pro d challengers that are exactly what I've always wanted in a putter. The plastic is pretty firm with great grip. The only issue is that they get REALLY hot (and bendy) laying in direct sunlight for a few minutes.

I use a flx challenger for all of my upshots. It's a good bit more overstable than my pro d challengers and won't ding up if you manage to hit a tree.

not sure
waiting to try an Elite X Soft Challenger and a Pro D Challenger (again)

I've been throwing a FR Elite X Challenger and it seems really dense
not sure I like it

once I get my soft X and Pro D I'll give them all a fair shake along with some Cryz FLx ones that I have

Crystal Z is the best Challenger plastic imo. Nothing else comes close! Soft X is cool too, but its kinda chippy.

I've only thrown Pro D and FLX's. The FLX's were good of the tee, smooth and straight. The Pro D I threw was beat to **** so it tended to flip.

I putt/short approach with a Soft elite-x and I drive/long approach with a FLX Challenger. Nothing beats a Soft Challenger for general putting...;)

I love Pro D for all around putting and straight or turnover drives off the tee.
I use the Soft for putting in the winter time but keep my pro d around for straight drives.
And I use the Flx year round for upshots and stable drives.
The cryztal is a great disc for driving and putting, I just need more grip.

The best ever IMO is the first run players cup Cryztal FLX plastic, nothing like it.

I have two putters in my bag and they are both CryZtal Challengers. I use one as my main putter and the other for approaches/drives. They are from '04-'05 and they are BY FAR the best fitting and feeling putters I have ever picked up. I have tried several other putters such as Z Magnets, several Aviars, Magics, Wizards, ESP Zones, FLX/ProD/X Challengers and various others, but nothing seems to be as comfortable as the CryZtalz.

Elite Z, not the cryztal z. Dryztal Z has a thicker flight plate and to me became very touchy when wind was involved. Would just fall out of the sky suddenly.

Havent had a chance to throw the cryztal FLX, hope its better.

Crystal Z is the best Challenger plastic imo. Nothing else comes close! Soft X is cool too, but its kinda chippy.

I have one I use and a back up just in case I need it. The crystal is the best. I also through a midnight challenger which is my other go to putter and it's really close to my crystal

I like the regular ESP putters like the Ace Race Focus and the Banger GT. I think the Challenger would be a nice addition in regular ESP. I like the FLX in cooler weather, but in summer time they are just to floppy

After hearing you guys talk about the Z challenger, Im deff looking for one. I tried the Gold Line money putter which is like discrafts Z and loved the way the plastic felt...now i just have to find one thats not $25 bucks or had an ugly tourny stamp on it lol

I putt with Pro D Challengers and wouldn't have it any other way, but off the tee and for upshots I'm definitely throwing a Cryztal Z Challenger. Those things fly dead straight...

I use the pro-d great in any weather they beat in real nice and cheaper than all other plastics too haha

I've got two black pro d challengers that are exactly what I've always wanted in a putter. The plastic is pretty firm with great grip. The only issue is that they get REALLY hot (and bendy) laying in direct sunlight for a few minutes.

^^^this
i have 3 black pro d challengers and the plastic feels so much better than any other challengers i've felt. lots of grip and a little softer than most other pro d plastic. i've also got 3 black soft x challengers and they feel great too. been thinking about using those for my main upshot disc to cut down on rollaways.

I have 25 or so D Challengers, ranging from JK Aviar soft to old Medium porcelain Wizard hard. I like and have uses for all ranges of firmness but for putting I prefer something somewhere in the middle but with a firm flight plate.

I've used all variations of the Challenger and I prefer the D plastic as it wears in the best. Cryztal is nice and stable but gets squirrelly after a seemingly short amount of time. Soft X is too soft for my tastes, same with FLX. I like the standard X but they're hard to come by.

not sure
waiting to try an Elite X Soft Challenger and a Pro D Challenger (again)

I've been throwing a FR Elite X Challenger and it seems really dense
not sure I like it

once I get my soft X and Pro D I'll give them all a fair shake along with some Cryz FLx ones that I have

On the fr x, you're talkin hard x, right?
If so, that blue color is quite dense feeling. Red will be a notch down, and yellow will feel kinda lite ime.
Then there's the hard x with a soft style stamp, those seem to be domier, less tacky, and more flippy and floaty- also less "dense".

Latest posts