• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Best Challenger Plastic

What type of Challenger is the best

• Total voters
I own 50 or so challengers of all types.
I've been diggin on some swirly blue, tacky, sligtly stiff pro d challengers.

I have 3 Z challengers. just plain Z and for driving and ups. its by far the best.

oh. a pic. i have 1 uploaded.

248597_10150336762018636_500638635_10098425_5625149_n.jpg

I have 25 or so D Challengers, ranging from JK Aviar soft to old Medium porcelain Wizard hard. I like and have uses for all ranges of firmness but for putting I prefer something somewhere in the middle but with a firm flight plate.

I've used all variations of the Challenger and I prefer the D plastic as it wears in the best. Cryztal is nice and stable but gets squirrelly after a seemingly short amount of time. Soft X is too soft for my tastes, same with FLX. I like the standard X but they're hard to come by.

I use the stiff challengers and only the cam todds are as stiff as gateway's weird stiff medium runs. The production stiff wizards (white, orange) are a lot like cam todds. But just a bit less stiff. The Black ones are a great combination of tacky and stiff. The blues are pretty soft. The Pistachio greens and yellows are stiff-ish, between the white/orange and blues. Reds are pretty stiff as well.

All the crystals I have thrown just have less glide. Pro D is still as stable, just doesn't take OAT like crystals do. Haven't thrown Softs. FLX is nice for approach and drives, but I would just rather throw my Pro Ds. The best D Challengers are just a little stiffer than the current www KC Aviars.

There are some very nice challenger auctions on ebay right now. A Cam Todd, Player's run discs, and another midnight challenger is up for grabs.

The challenger is a very good disc. It is best in Pro D, foolishness is in the Crystals.

I prefer stiffer putters with good grip, chalky-ish, that stays grippy when it's raining/humid. My favorite Challengers are the old stamp Pro-D and the EMACs in pistachio and baby blue colors.

I recently revieved a pro-d challenger in the mail last weekend. I have tested it all week with my FLX Challengers. So far I really like the feel and grip of the pro-d. Usually I do not like the feel of that type of plastic, but this one has a different feel. It throw very similar to my FLXs yet it holds a straighter line. My FLXs want to go right then fade left. I plan to test it for a round or two, but so far its money. Gonna have to start looking in getting more pro-d Challengers

I use the stiff challengers and only the cam todds are as stiff as gateway's weird stiff medium runs. The production stiff wizards (white, orange) are a lot like cam todds. But just a bit less stiff. The Black ones are a great combination of tacky and stiff. The blues are pretty soft. The Pistachio greens and yellows are stiff-ish, between the white/orange and blues. Reds are pretty stiff as well.

I have some pistachios and some yellows that are harder than any Cam Todd I've ever held.

I agree, D is where it's at. The slight gain in stability with the Cryztals isn't worth the loss of glide to me.

The Pro-D Challengers are the answer for me. I was an Aviar nut all the way through my first few events in Open, and then Innova changed their plastic mix for DX, and got rid of the small-bead making it harder and harder to find my preferred putter. So I switched it up to the Pro-D Challengers and I haven't looked back - my rating honestly jumped twenty points as a result of the switch.

I don't think its particularly the Challenger so much as switching to a more stable putter mold in general that helped me, but the Challenger has become an absolutely integral part of my bag. They can hold a dead straight line for me up to 300 feet, which means I can use them without any effort on shots up to 260. - This frees me up to simply move on a straight line to the basket, without worry of fade or turn. The plastic is absolutely perfect grip as well, very comfortable with a light chalky feel. Grippy enough to really rip on, and soft enough to feel very good in the hand when setting up a touchy putt.

I have some pistachios and some yellows that are harder than any Cam Todd I've ever held.

I agree, D is where it's at. The slight gain in stability with the Cryztals isn't worth the loss of glide to me.

Or the OAT you'll pick up. Crystal Challengers are noob hyzer.

hard elite x is the best. It should be listed differently than the soft x challengers.

I didnt know they made a hard elite x.....I have only seen the soft elite x
I have a soft elite x focus and the pastic is ok, but I like the firmness of the ESP Ace Race Focus better.

Or the OAT you'll pick up. Crystal Challengers are noob hyzer.

Now you're just being rediculous! I've seen many pros throwing Crystal Challengers. Why do you hate them so!

I didnt know they made a hard elite x.....I have only seen the soft elite x
I have a soft elite x focus and the pastic is ok, but I like the firmness of the ESP Ace Race Focus better.

Yep, both challengers and apx's were molded in hard x. With the xhallenger I've found noticible difference between the top/bottom stamp and the circle stamp.

Now you're just being rediculous! I've seen many pros throwing Crystal Challengers. Why do you hate them so!

They don't use them for putting. They use them for woods, or really overstable putter shots.

I just don't like OAT munching discs anymore.

Have you ever thrown one? They are not that much overstable. And I have played rounds with pros who putt exclusively with CryZstal Challengers. They are awesome dude!

Yeah, if I wasn't using the swirly bar stamps, I might be using those light blue emacs
:hfive:

Ive got 2 light blue ones and 2 orange ones. They just beat into such a great upshot disc. Ive made more long putts with these than any other putter

Latest posts