• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Best Challenger Plastic

What type of Challenger is the best

• Total voters
Have you ever thrown one? They are not that much overstable. And I have played rounds with pros who putt exclusively with CryZstal Challengers. They are awesome dude!

I have a 4 year old beat silly crystal that is still more stable than my ProDs. However my ProD are broken in, and ProD will lose a lot more stability that Crystal. So that is probably where I am getting it from. But Crystal, no matter how old, still masks OAT like Vibram's do.

Yep, both challengers and apx's were molded in hard x. With the xhallenger I've found noticible difference between the top/bottom stamp and the circle stamp.

what kind of difference?

I have a circle stamp "hard" elite x chall

I gotta say that I don't really like it

I have a 4 year old beat silly crystal that is still more stable than my ProDs. However my ProD are broken in, and ProD will lose a lot more stability that Crystal. So that is probably where I am getting it from. But Crystal, no matter how old, still masks OAT like Vibram's do.

Now I get where you are coming from! You want a Challenger that will beat in to stable, and you are right, CryZtals would be more difficult to do that with. But I like the CryZtals for putting, and like the fact that they won't change.

Like anything else, its a matter of personal prefference and what you intend to do with them.

Soft Challenger is by far the best one of them all IMO. When baskets are on a hill or if I need a wind resistant putter this is my go to disc. 250' and less will be a challenger almost for sure. As for Challengers being to to overstable for putting, I can't say that's the case. tons of people use them all the time and I used them for years till I fell in love with the Magic.

I like the soft ones too, but they are very chippy. Every time you hit basket or chains, it seems to take a little piece of it away! Wich is one of the reasons That I like the CryZtal ones, they are extremely durable.

I agree...I like the druability of my FLX challengers...the pro d i have been trying is nice, but the FLX just feel great in my hand...I just traded for a crystal challenger...cant wait to get it in and test it....def gonna have to find someway to get it dyed though.

what kind of difference?

I have a circle stamp "hard" elite x chall

I gotta say that I don't really like it

The circles feel like the are less dense, have a higher shoulder, less gummyness, and perhaps a lil more turn earlier in flight.

interesting
I thought my circle stamp one felt very dense

I think I'll just stay away from the hard X challs

Fwiw, of hard x's, I have;

Circles- yellow and blue

Top/bottoms- yellow and red tyedye, stacks of red and blue (including fr's), and I had some blacks.

Cryztal is the best plastic for the challenger, they will last a long long time.
If your the type of person that likes to buy only 1 putter a have it fly the same and not change it's flight pattern, There's nothing better:)

Cryztal is the best plastic for the challenger, they will last a long long time.
If your the type of person that likes to buy only 1 putter a have it fly the same and not change it's flight pattern, There's nothing better:)

How long have you had yours?

I have a newer Cryztal Z with a big stamp in the middle so it's pretty concave (like a Yeti Pro.) It's a money upshot disc. It'll hold whatever line and it has a LOT of glide. I don't care for Challengers otherwise as they're too overstable for my putting needs. So this one has my vote!

I know this is a dead thread the past few months, but its my thread and I will revitilize it lol.
I have tested several veraitions of the Challenger the past two months and here is my overall experience with each.

Pro-D: Nice grip, holds a great line, only con is the knicks and dings it acquires durning practice.

Soft X: Throws well grips the chains, just not a fan of the soft x plastic

FLX: Great grip, consistant feel, great glide, and easy drives. One of my Favs.

Midnight Z: Amazing all around disc, putt/app/drives. Holds amazing lines, great feel

Crystal Z: Same as Midnight Z just straighter with more glide.

Crystal FLX: On the way....traded the midnight z for it.

I use to putt on a bit of a hyzer with the flxs to catch the rightside to middle chains, but since I started using the Z's I have been able to throw flat at the pole with confidence. The Flx would either drift up or drop down when throw flat depending on the wind.