• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Daredevil Thread

Goo Goo g'Joob

Another misheard song lyric (I'm the king of them because I don't hear all that well because of too much loud music) cleared up for me!

I thought "wait a minute" and then looked it up.
df4c8b470700bd880521496121d4a167.jpg

Going to post it here since I haven't had any luck in the Marketplace or other disc collectors forums.

I'm trying to find a first run Woodchuck, I don't know if any of you may have one or know any Daredevil players that may but any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Another misheard song lyric (I'm the king of them because I don't hear all that well because of too much loud music) cleared up for me!

I thought "wait a minute" and then looked it up.
df4c8b470700bd880521496121d4a167.jpg

I had to look it up to spell it correctly. I always thought it was like Coo Coo k Chew or something.

Love throwing Grizzlys, Timberwolfs, Sabertooths, and Mammoths...trying to get my hands on the Gray Jay and Merlin Drivers. Haven't found a Distance driver I like from Daredevil...Im crossing my fingers about the two newest.

Pteranodon?

Has anyone tried the Pteranodon mid (4/6/-2/1)? I think its truly a new mold. They claim its in a new and more durable "grip" (baseline) plastic.

https://daredevildiscs.com/pteranodon/

Its a bit weird they would name it that given that there is the RDG Ptero, which is in fact based on the Timerberwolf...

Going to post it here since I haven't had any luck in the Marketplace or other disc collectors forums.

I'm trying to find a first run Woodchuck, I don't know if any of you may have one or know any Daredevil players that may but any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I know this post is a few months old, but I was on the same mission this summer and discovered something surprising.

There are two different runs of first run Woodchucks. I assume that you're after the true first run that's dark blue. I bought a first run Woodchuck from a guy I was on a card with first day of an event, and he showed up the next day with a disc that had the first run stamp, but the plastic was the same as the production runs. Until then, I didn't realize that there were two variants. I like the dark blue ones much better and they're getting hard to find. I just refuse to pay collector prices for a disc that wears as quickly as something this soft.

I messaged Daredevil on Facebook to see if they had any true first runs left. They said they'd look in the warehouse but never got back to me. I don't think they do social media all that well.

I know this post is a few months old, but I was on the same mission this summer and discovered something surprising.

There are two different runs of first run Woodchucks. I assume that you're after the true first run that's dark blue. I bought a first run Woodchuck from a guy I was on a card with first day of an event, and he showed up the next day with a disc that had the first run stamp, but the plastic was the same as the production runs. Until then, I didn't realize that there were two variants. I like the dark blue ones much better and they're getting hard to find. I just refuse to pay collector prices for a disc that wears as quickly as something this soft.

I messaged Daredevil on Facebook to see if they had any true first runs left. They said they'd look in the warehouse but never got back to me. I don't think they do social media all that well.

I'm really just looking for the first run stamp, doesn't have to be the true first run disc or a specific color, in all honesty I'm not looking as a collector, I just like the stamp.

I'm really just looking for the first run stamp, doesn't have to be the true first run disc or a specific color, in all honesty I'm not looking as a collector, I just like the stamp.

I mean that if you were looking for them to actually use, the plastic is different.

Dark blue is smoother and seems to beat in a little more evenly, whereas the production blend has a grittier feel and doesn't seem to fly as stable.

Just my anecdotes based on the 5-6 Woodchucks I have had cycle through my bag. I would love to get my hands on a few more dark blue first runs.

I just stumbled across the Daredevil Woodchuck when I was seeking a low speed understable disc and wow, this thing delivered. It's marked 2/2/-1/0, Infinite rates it 2/3/-1/0 and personally, I think it flies like its stamped (2/2/-1/0). There are two great things about this disc:
1. It is super easy to hold a slow and short anny line with this disc
2. It dies upon impact (like a woodchuck vs a car). The plastic is so soft and flexible and absorbs the energy of impact.

Obviously, the soft and flexible material make the disc ideal for hillside approaches and putts where you don't want to risk the rollaway, but pertaining to #1 above, because this disc dies when it hits the ground, you can have more confidence throwing an anny that you don't want to have turn into a roller.

The disc has totally burrowed its way into my bag

Maybe someone here can help with an ID? I was given a disc that has a non-stock stamp, so that doesn't help. Looks to be about 10 speed rim but have not calipered yet. The shape reminds me of a Starfire, but it's been a while since I have seen one of those. Only ink is a P and the weight. Kinda domey.

Maybe someone here can help with an ID? I was given a disc that has a non-stock stamp, so that doesn't help. Looks to be about 10 speed rim but have not calipered yet. The shape reminds me of a Starfire, but it's been a while since I have seen one of those. Only ink is a P and the weight. Kinda domey.

Never mind. It's a stamp for Reptilian. That's why i could not figure it out.

Having this broken shoulder kind of gets me trigger happy when buying discs, and my latest purchase was all Daredevil. Why? I don't know. Because the numbers and the wackiness of the discs. And because Infinite got a new shipment of Daredevil.
I got the two timberwolves because while I like my MVP tesla, I'm always looking for a fun fairway. I like the feel of the flex performance plastic.
I got a walrus because it sounded like a Discraft zone that folds and dies on impact
I got the sasquatch because... -5 turn? Really? Interested to see
and finally, I got the Ogopogo because A.) it's named the Ogopogo and B.) what kind of speed 9 disc is also foldable into a taco?
I'm really looking forward to playing around with these guys

Having this broken shoulder kind of gets me trigger happy when buying discs, and my latest purchase was all Daredevil. Why? I don't know. Because the numbers and the wackiness of the discs. And because Infinite got a new shipment of Daredevil.
I got the two timberwolves because while I like my MVP tesla, I'm always looking for a fun fairway. I like the feel of the flex performance plastic.
I got a walrus because it sounded like a Discraft zone that folds and dies on impact
I got the sasquatch because... -5 turn? Really? Interested to see
and finally, I got the Ogopogo because A.) it's named the Ogopogo and B.) what kind of speed 9 disc is also foldable into a taco?
I'm really looking forward to playing around with these guys

I've always wanted an Ogopogo for that reason. I may buy one lol.

I've always wanted an Ogopogo for that reason. I may buy one lol.

So I threw it at an event in the rain. I needed a forehand flex shot coming across a steep hillside (my throwing arm was uphill). I figured the Ogopogo would work well here because it is crazy OS and should stick the landing. And I thought the elastic performance plastic would give me great grip. So I used it.

And...

It slipped out of my grip and fluttered 90 degrees the wrong way (straight up the hill) like a duck getting shot out of the sky.

Oh well. So much for the maiden flight of the disc haha. :D

Latest posts