• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

Can someone with more experience with Trilogy tell me what a good step up from an Escape would be? Looking for a true distance driver but not warp speed and wide rimmed.

The flow, renegade, and trespass seem like prime suspects. One thing I like about the Escape is that it molds up differently across plastics, so I can get a nice S out of a Bio or Fuzion, and then throw a moonshine or even a Getaway and get the same glide with solid HSS.

Extra points for a disc that slots in well next to a similar feeling and flying but more beefy OS bookend disc, and the same for a more US disc. I would probably continue to bag a Star Mamba for flippy needs.

Musket, if you can get your hands on TC stamped discs get deep red one for OS needs and any other color for more US throws. Don't know for sure if same applies to production run muskets. But anyway, musket is a bit better at wind than trespass which has mind of his own even at slight wind.

Mystere

Can someone with more experience with Trilogy tell me what a good step up from an Escape would be? Looking for a true distance driver but not warp speed and wide rimmed.

The flow, renegade, and trespass seem like prime suspects. One thing I like about the Escape is that it molds up differently across plastics, so I can get a nice S out of a Bio or Fuzion, and then throw a moonshine or even a Getaway and get the same glide with solid HSS.

Extra points for a disc that slots in well next to a similar feeling and flying but more beefy OS bookend disc, and the same for a more US disc. I would probably continue to bag a Star Mamba for flippy needs.

I throw a fuzion escape, and get about 90m distance in a slight S curve.

If you can step outside the trilogy:
I also throw an Innova star Mystere, man, this disc gets easy distance. 115m so far in long S curves, and I haven't measured the longest ones. A great hyzerflip disc, expecially forehand. Give it a go! Just do not throw it into a headwind..

Anybody pairing the Escape with a slower disc like a Eagle, Teebird, Leopard, Explorer, Vulture (tweener, I know), Undertaker, etc.? Trying to see what different combos and complements are out there.

Anybody pairing the Escape with a slower disc like a Eagle, Teebird, Leopard, Explorer, Vulture (tweener, I know), Undertaker, etc.? Trying to see what different combos and complements are out there.

I'm bagging a pretty beat Lucid Escape with a pair of Explorers. One beat and one pretty fresh. To be honest, the beat Escape and beat Explorer kind of overlap. I was bagging some Undertakers in various plastics in the spring, but haven't for a couple months. I wanted them to replace my Escape but they all flew differently. So I bought a new Escape instead. Only bagging my trusty old Escape at the moment. I carry a lot of fairways though. Also, I'm not very good ;)

I'm bagging a pretty beat Lucid Escape with a pair of Explorers. One beat and one pretty fresh. To be honest, the beat Escape and beat Explorer kind of overlap. I was bagging some Undertakers in various plastics in the spring, but haven't for a couple months. I wanted them to replace my Escape but they all flew differently. So I bought a new Escape instead. Only bagging my trusty old Escape at the moment. I carry a lot of fairways though. Also, I'm not very good ;)

Thanks. Good to hear.

I thought about putting the Escape back in my bag and carrying a slower more stable fairway. I know the Escape is more neutral in it's flight while not being hard to get up to speed and throw. I figured a more stable disc like a Teebird, Eagle, etc. would pair nicely with it.

A fresh Explorer is basically my Teebird type of disc. I tried the Vulture out this year but it never clicked. Anything faster and a Wraith works for me. Bag a Firebird too, but that's just a utility disc for me. Thumbers, skip shots, etc.

Thanks. Good to hear.

I thought about putting the Escape back in my bag and carrying a slower more stable fairway. I know the Escape is more neutral in it's flight while not being hard to get up to speed and throw. I figured a more stable disc like a Teebird, Eagle, etc. would pair nicely with it.

I have a couple of escapes and pair them with Millennium JLS and DX eagle X. There's a bit of overlap just because I can get the JLS and Eagles out to within 20 feet of the escape and they are both slower. I'm loving the JLS. I have one in Q plastic which is champion and it's like a teebird with less hard fade, then Millennium plastic which is a longer, glidier leopard

Thanks. Good to hear.

Actually for less overlap I'd suggest pairing escapes with a dx banshee. They are great wind fighters as will be quite a bit shorter than your escape so less overlap. Definitely a tweener disc

Latest posts