• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dreaded Anhyzer Hole

Looks just like hole 4 at my home course. Same shot. I use a beat in Star Roadrunner.

Either FH the Flick (possibly with hyzer) or anny the crap out of a Voodoo or Meteor.

I've played the hole at Dolese. With that pin placement it's pretty tough for me to make par. Going thru the tunnel requires a pretty precise straight shot. The tee box is placed pretty close to the woods on the right and the tree cluster in the middle of the fairway is a guaranteed bogey or worse for me. I can't throw a big enough anny to go left around the tree and get back near the pin and it you end up tight or in the woods on the right it's a pretty tough second shot. I usually play out to the left and try to get as much anny as I can. This will leave me with a longer second shot than i want but its the best option for me. It's a tough hole even without wind.

With my arm, fore hand, over the top of the small clump of trees to the left, with my Groove. The Groove, which I almost took out of my bag due to lack of enough arm, has become my go to disc for most holes with a sharp dog leg.

David

Meteor, Leopard, or Roadrunner.

Give the Meteor and Leopard a slight Annie angle on release, or Laser the Road with a 8o'clock angle, slight hyzer, the disc will go straight, then annie.

I LOVE Annie holes. Because i use my meteor a lot

On look of a picture....I'd say GLIIIDE!!!! use a discraft GLIDE, seriously an awesome disc for shots like this. USE A GLIDE

From the picture of this hole that I have in my head I would probably throw a Z BuzZz really flat an hard.

The reason being that I want it to turn over but slowly. I would get just around the corner and have an easy upshot.

\/\/

Doesn't look so bad based on the youtube video. Depending on the distance I'd take a buzz, leopard or roadrunner and crank it hard up the middle and let the disc turn itself over.

Those shots like this one where they do a sharp turn to the right are the hardest shots for me. I throw RHBH and have a pretty bad forehand shot. I can turn discs over pretty good but it would still scare me. If it were a sharp turn to the left I would bomb a huge hyzer and have a nice long putt most likely. I like a hole that I can throw a big hyzer on.

From overhead it doesn't look too bad. The real problem is when the wind comes from the south (right-to-left). When that happens, your disc turns directly into the wind, which is often 20-25 mph and steady (not gusty). Any normal kind of annie shot will get smacked down hard by that wind!

From overhead it doesn't look too bad. The real problem is when the wind comes from the south (right-to-left). When that happens, your disc turns directly into the wind, which is often 20-25 mph and steady (not gusty). Any normal kind of annie shot will get smacked down hard by that wind!

yeah, theres not a lot you can do unless you have a wicked forehand shot and a trusty overstable disc, even then thats still tough.:\