• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of newbies for my bag...been diggin this technique for preserving the stamp. Now if I can just find a shaving cream that doesn't dissolve foil stamps... :confused:
resizedAirTrespass_zpscf79844a.jpg

resizedEscape_zps09325870.jpg

what shaving cream are you using?

These weren't done with sc but I have been using barbasol (the red one)...Its kind of hit or miss. Most stamps hold okay if its not reflective. Its just some of the reflective foil looking ones dissolve occasionally.

These weren't done with sc but I have been using barbasol (the red one)...Its kind of hit or miss. Most stamps hold okay if its not reflective. Its just some of the reflective foil looking ones dissolve occasionally.

Weird, thats what I use. Either the red can or green. Doesnt seem to matter which. I've never had that problem though unless I have any acetone mixed with the dye.

Weird, thats what I use. Either the red can or green. Doesnt seem to matter which. I've never had that problem though unless I have any acetone mixed with the dye.

I should add its not everytime and every stamp...Some hold up okay. I have had it happen on an opto river once that had a blue reflective stamp and another time on an foil looking innova stamp. Kind of hit or miss. I am unsure if it is a chemical thing that brings this on or just the stamp being exposed to too much moisture for too long.

I should add its not everytime and every stamp...Some hold up okay. I have had it happen on an opto river once that had a blue reflective stamp and another time on an foil looking innova stamp. Kind of hit or miss. I am unsure if it is a chemical thing that brings this on or just the stamp being exposed to too much moisture for too long.

I just did an Opto River. I'll have to check it out closer tonight when I get home.

Couple of newbies for my bag...been diggin this technique for preserving the stamp. Now if I can just find a shaving cream that doesn't dissolve foil stamps... :confused:
resizedAirTrespass_zpscf79844a.jpg

resizedEscape_zps09325870.jpg

Are you masking the rim of these with vinyl or something else? Looks great. I WANT that escape! :hfive:

My first 2 dyes using my cutter...

1503378_533227383446770_6907721410829649549_n.jpg

THis one bled a little because it was a used disc with a lot of scratch marks. But it was for a friend.

10418144_533227386780103_1998364535394476160_n.jpg

It took me about an hour from downloading the art to finished dye.

Thanks for the offer, you might receive a PM in the future. However, what I meant was that I'd like to do some printing myself, just because I like to tinker with that kinda stuff. But, if I bring home a vinyl plotter or another "gadget" as the wife would call it, she'll probably strangle me.

Thanks for the offer, you might receive a PM in the future. However, what I meant was that I'd like to do some printing myself, just because I like to tinker with that kinda stuff. But, if I bring home a vinyl plotter or another "gadget" as the wife would call it, she'll probably strangle me.

Understood. Just know that if you want some, you'll get the LHBH discount :hfive:

Nothin too crazy...simple raga spin on this one just to accent the disc...I got some fun ones im gonna be tryin over the next few weeks and will be posting.

resizedTrident_zps8104d924.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts